Tinder, doesn't match anymore

knight192

Hi,

I am on Tinder since 4 weeks. I easily got matches the first 2 weeks, I just don't get a single one since the last 2 weeks.

Why?

Note that I live in the UK but I am in holidays in France since 2 weeks, however I set my location manually (where I live in the UK). I am now wondering, does this setting means the app will still look for women near this location however they will still see my "GPS" location and so see me hundreds miles away from their location?

If yes it answers to my previous questions !

Regards.

Hi,

I am on Tinder since 4 weeks. I easily got matches the first 2 weeks, I just don't get a single one since the last 2 weeks.

Why?

Note that I live in the UK but I am in holidays in France since 2 weeks, however I set my location manually (where I live in the UK). I am now wondering, does this setting means the app will still look for women near this location however they will still see my "GPS" location and so see me hundreds miles away from their location?

Regards.

I don't think it's just you. I've heard other guys say they rarely ever get matches on Tinder and the ones they do, they're cat fishes. Did you try another dating site like Match or something?

• Like 1
insert_name

If you are using a GPS spoofing app to put yourself in the UK then Tinder will not work for you as of the latest version. You can only set a random location using Tinder plus now.

Many people say that Tinder on Android is broken - so you will get less matches/visibility than on iPhone. Not sure how true that is.

Also, rules 1 & 2 - less likely in your case if things have been working for you, but still it seems that guys in particular always have this problem. Lots of matches initially and then over a short period of time the matches run out. I think you can get buried by the algorithm a bit. So changing pics and even resetting the account has to be done once in a while to try and put you back in circulation again.

HumanMachine

I used to get between 70-100 matches per day but I rarely get more than 5 now. Not sure what's up with it..

iphone_user1

Same here. When I run out of matches, I stop swiping for a week or two, then again I start swiping and boom! matches again!

I guess it's got something to do with its algorithm

• Author

I use timBer on a Windows Phone. I am not sure if that makes any difference.

I don't use any GPS app, it is in the tinder settings. You can chose to use your GPS or to set your location manually. If i manually locate myself in en London for example, tinder will show me ladys from London.

If I turn on the GPS option, it will show me ladies from France.

However I was wondering what the ladies see ?

And is my profile shown to the british or the french ladies?

I may try to re-create my account if I see I still don't get any match when I will be back in England then.

after a month on tinder i've only gotten 7 matches and out of those 7 only one responded.

I can't be that ugly.

That one who did respond cancelled our first date because she was having a mental breakdown day I guess, at least that's what is sounded like to me.

I stopped contacting her but she kept contacting me.

She was hot so i decided to try one more time but she would avoid meeting while wanting to keep texting then got mad when I ignored her. lol.

i've been hearing from a lot of guys that tinder seems to be broken also.

• Like 3
CryForNoOne
after a month on tinder i've only gotten 7 matches and out of those 7 only one responded.

I can't be that ugly.

That one who did respond cancelled our first date because she was having a mental breakdown day I guess, at least that's what is sounded like to me.

I stopped contacting her but she kept contacting me.

She was hot so i decided to try one more time but she would avoid meeting while wanting to keep texting then got mad when I ignored her. lol.

i've been hearing from a lot of guys that tinder seems to be broken also.

If that is you in the avatar then you're not ugly. I've swiped thousands of profiles and only gotten about 20-30 matches. Of those, 75% are probably women I wouldn't give the time of day if I met them IRL. I met only one woman and we did have casual sex for about a month. I think Tinder is broken for men unless you are in the top 2% in terms of looks. I've given up on it and got back the old school meeting women at bars, gym, etc... And that's working MUCH better for me...

CryForNoOne
Same here. When I run out of matches, I stop swiping for a week or two, then again I start swiping and boom! matches again!

I guess it's got something to do with its algorithm

Well the obvious reason for that is while you are offline hundreds of women are swiping you and your matches stockpile a bit. Tinder puts those profiles first so any time you are away for a while, you'll get more matches when you first start swiping again...

If that is you in the avatar then you're not ugly. I've swiped thousands of profiles and only gotten about 20-30 matches. Of those, 75% are probably women I wouldn't give the time of day if I met them IRL. I met only one woman and we did have casual sex for about a month. I think Tinder is broken for men unless you are in the top 2% in terms of looks. I've given up on it and got back the old school meeting women at bars, gym, etc... And that's working MUCH better for me...

I know i'm not ugly. :)

I do ok on other sites.

Well i used to.

Can't seem to get anything going lately.

I've done better on tinder yrs ago.

I do better in real life when i go out to see live music in bars. usually i'll turn around and some woman is standing next to me or dancing next to me all of sudden & I just say hi.

Yeah I'm having the same problem.

In Tinder here, close to zero matches, despite the fact I'm swiping a lot of profiles.

When I set it to overseas, boom. Match match match.

I wrote about it here

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/dating/588191-guy-old-do-you-want-see-what-its-like-getting-too-much-contact-attention

Even when I set it to another city in Australia, I get a few matches at least.

It's like either I've ran out of all the women here that like me, or somehow the algorithm is seriously biased against me for whatever reasons.

I'm considering deleting account and restarting but not sure how that works as I've paid for tinder plus.

Hi,

Why?

Regards.

It's because of Brexit, out of the EU and out of Tinder :laugh: lol

Yeah same thing is happening to me. Don't know what's going on, but I haven't had a match in weeks it seems. Maybe Tinder lets you swipe through inactive profiles since you can't see anymore when someone was last online.

You can see that

What are you using?

Normal tinder install does not have last online.

You can see that

No they removed that a while ago. In the past I wouldn't "like" girls who hadn't used the app in weeks/months. It usually meant they deleted Tinder from their phone, or simply didn't use it anymore. Now you just have to hope they're actually active.