Unsure about girl's feeling of 2 months?

andrew1998

andrew1998

Okay so two months ago I started talking to a girl who I thought was kinda cute and she went to a school that is near mine, (all boys school, she goes to the girls school which is 10 minutes walk away).

We started off mainly talking just by texting each other, and we arranged to meet up and watch a movie for the first time, which went good. So throughout the course of the time we've had together, we just kept talking but we didn't meet up too often because we lived quite far apart, 1 hr 30 minutes away, but the times we did she would often touch me or come near me.

Anyway so we never discussed our feelings before like ever, but I'm pretty sure she gave me good signs, like she would always initiate the conversation, but for some reason when it came to meeting up with me she was never in a real hurry. She did enjoy it when we did, but so far its only been 3 times. I've tried to talk her into doing so but she just says she is busy, now I know she actually is, but maybe if she liked me enough it wouldn't matter?

A few days ago I had a really bad week and ended up not really saying anything much and being cold to her for 3 days. Sometimes we would not talk for a couple days, but most other days we had contact, but this most recent one I was acting pretty cold.

I sorted myself out but when I came back out the other side to talk, it was different because she definitely had a lot less to say. And maybe her feelings for me were gone because of that. I never got to ask her for her real feelings because I thought it was inappropriate to do it over the internet, but its like a loop because I can't see her often.

I hate how we only talk over the internet, sometimes we call sometimes we text. She seems content with a virtual relationship but I don't want to constantly be on my phone texting. If she wants a real relationship she needs to have one in person.

But she did arrange to watch a movie with me again in a couple days, one that we planned to watch a few weeks ago but we postponed because she was busy. Should I ask her how she feels about me after the movie? Or should I just break contact right after and try to rekindle her interest with the idea of losing me? Thanks for your help guys

ExpatInItaly

Do not break contact with the idea that this will re-kindle her interest. That is game-playing and it almost always backfires. Same with intentionally being cold to someone. Don't do that.

See how this next meet-up goes. If it goes well, be honest that would like to see her more. Watch and listen to her response.

I have a feeling she likes you well enough but isn't looking for something serious with you.

How old are you both, if I may ask?

Okay so two months ago I started talking to a girl who I thought was kinda cute and she went to a school that is near mine, (all boys school, she goes to the girls school which is 10 minutes walk away).

We started off mainly talking just by texting each other, and we arranged to meet up and watch a movie for the first time, which went good. So throughout the course of the time we've had together, we just kept talking but we didn't meet up too often because we lived quite far apart, 1 hr 30 minutes away, but the times we did she would often touch me or come near me.

Anyway so we never discussed our feelings before like ever, but I'm pretty sure she gave me good signs, like she would always initiate the conversation, but for some reason when it came to meeting up with me she was never in a real hurry. She did enjoy it when we did, but so far its only been 3 times. I've tried to talk her into doing so but she just says she is busy, now I know she actually is, but maybe if she liked me enough it wouldn't matter?

A few days ago I had a really bad week and ended up not really saying anything much and being cold to her for 3 days. Sometimes we would not talk for a couple days, but most other days we had contact, but this most recent one I was acting pretty cold.

I sorted myself out but when I came back out the other side to talk, it was different because she definitely had a lot less to say. And maybe her feelings for me were gone because of that. I never got to ask her for her real feelings because I thought it was inappropriate to do it over the internet, but its like a loop because I can't see her often.

I hate how we only talk over the internet, sometimes we call sometimes we text. She seems content with a virtual relationship but I don't want to constantly be on my phone texting. If she wants a real relationship she needs to have one in person.

But she did arrange to watch a movie with me again in a couple days, one that we planned to watch a few weeks ago but we postponed because she was busy. Should I ask her how she feels about me after the movie? Or should I just break contact right after and try to rekindle her interest with the idea of losing me? Thanks for your help guys

Or should I just break contact right after and try to rekindle her interest with the idea of losing me? -- C'mon now. That is very immature and convoluted thinking. If a guy played that kind of game with me, I'd move on. Watch the movie with her, tell her how you are feeling without going overboard and in a non-confrontational way and then let her talk. Communicate.

being cold to her for 3 days -- if this is how you deal with stress or issues you encounter -- cutting a partner out of your life during that time -- then the relationship will fail anyway. It's ok to want/need alone time, etc. but you need to maintain the contact at least and let her know what's going on, otherwise, she's going take it personally and if you do this alot, there will be a time when she isn't there when you come back.