To the ladies in particular: the topic of the first kiss

Ladies, I want your perspective but guys feel free to interject too.

First kiss. Obviously it matters and can be a make or break moment. By which date should a first kiss happen? I know it's go with the flow but obviously by date 4 or 5 if the guy doesn't kiss the girl then surely he kills his chances, right?

Also, any memories of any first kisses you would like to share, whether good or bad?

I often find a kiss seals the deal in terms of progressing toward an exclusive relationship versus not (duh).

• Like 1

When the time is right. Usually if there's close intimate conversations, touching, hand holding etc.

• Like 4

It's ok to go in for a light peck at the end of the first date if things are going well. DO NOT wait til the 4th or 5th...

If you can't see it happening on the first date, at least give her little touches here and there as you talk and go in for a hug at the end of the night.

If she says yes to a second date, then it means she is interested- don't waste this interest by being shy/coy/intimidated. Because if you don't show you are really into her, then she may begin losing interest. There DEFINITELY should be some sort of physical contact on date #2.

• Like 4
Michelle ma Belle

Man, I hate all these dating 'rules'!

Listen, I dated a gorgeous guy I met on eHarmony. We hit if off great and he continued to ask me out going out several times a week for about 3 weeks. After about the 7th or 8th date, he still hadn't made any kind of move to kiss me or even hold my hand and it was a turn off to be honest. I mean, we're both adults here so what are you waiting for??

Honestly, a kiss can tell a lot about a person and the chemistry so I'd prefer to do it sooner rather than later.

• Like 7
WhirlwindGuy

Ive kissed on the first date, and I have waited until the third. Nothing after that though. If I don't feel comfortable enough to kiss by date three, chances are there are other issues that wouldn't warrant a 4th date.

• Like 2

Kiss on a first date for me if we like each other.

Maybe people don't kiss on first dates because the communication of fancying that person doesn't happen?

I dunno, I don't understand not sharing a kiss or a few if things are going well.

• Like 1

If I fancy a guy I am going to want to get into his pants. If I have not had a full on snog with you by date 2 its just a poor show and is unlikely to happen anyway so why bother with date 3. If by date 2 he is not wanting to touch me and kiss me then dating me is probably just a way to pass the time and stop boredom setting in rather than anything actually romantic so its a next...

A bad snog is a no go - if we can't get kissing styles now its just not going to happen.

If its a bad snog with potential you can get away with that. After all practice makes perfect...

A good snog? Whoooeeee I am going to be thinking about your mouth for ages.

• Like 1

I usually arrange for the first date between kisses. :p (j/k ....some of the time anyway.)

• Like 2
DianeBlankenship124

I have a boyfriend from past 6 months. We usually go out and have fun. But we never kissed or do anything beyond the Limits. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

If I like the guy, I will want him to kiss me and not be afraid to do it. I'd be very frustrated if a kiss didn't happen by the second date.

• Like 1

It depends. The more I like him the more I want the first kiss to happen on the first date. The less I like him the less I want a kiss to happen on the first date.

It also depends on how much he is showing me that he likes me back. If I'm not getting any emotion from him (you'd be surprised how many people don't show emotion) then I might not want to kiss on the first date.

• Like 1

There are no rules; just preferences.

You just have to trust your gut and make the leap.

Personally, I'd be ok with a kiss on the first date, if I like the guy.

I prefer a 1st kiss on the 1st date. I've even been known to have one before the 1st official date {gasp :p}

I've repeated this many times here on LS. DH had not yet kissed me by our 3rd date. I was frustrated & confused. I pulled out all the stops: short skirt, high heels, tactile flirting. If he hadn't kissed me that night or at least given me the chance to make the 1st move, I was fully prepared to break up with him.

A date means romance. If you have no intention kissing you are just friends.

• Like 1
I prefer a 1st kiss on the 1st date. I've even been known to have one before the 1st official date {gasp :p}

I've repeated this many times here on LS. DH had not yet kissed me by our 3rd date. I was frustrated & confused. I pulled out all the stops: short skirt, high heels, tactile flirting. If he hadn't kissed me that night or at least given me the chance to make the 1st move, I was fully prepared to break up with him.

A date means romance. If you have no intention kissing you are just friends.

Yes, there has to be a little hunger for it :)

I often find a kiss seals the deal in terms of progressing toward an exclusive relationship versus not (duh).

It's pretty hard to get an exclusive relationship without one....:laugh: For me personally I don't like too much lead up to it, makes me laugh stupidly and that kills the moment. I much prefer it when he kind of springs it on me. I can't do doe eyes and slow lead ups, it's not romantic for me, it's just silly.

But hey I'm not the average bear and I dare say some delicate flowers want to experience the full casanova treatment so they are tediously lulled into a tender kiss. Not me, just get on with it and give me tongue. :p preferably on the first date.

I had one guy slow off the mark, I got frustrated and just grabbed him.

Edited by Buddhist
  • Like 1