Sticky Situation, need guidance

Pyramidsong

Pyramidsong

Hi Guys,

Bare with me i'm gonna try my best to explain this situation.

I've recently stopped dating someone i've known for over a year. We've been dating for a few months and it's been one of these off and on things until recently when we started seriously dating.

History with her is when she has called things off, she gives me little explanation and hides her feelings, i've had to speak my heart to get her to talk. She tends to run away instead of facing things head on.

We agreed to date seriously and see how things went, i needed time to know if she wasn't going to run away and spend some proper time together.

I work full-time 9-5 and also study, she has two bar jobs.

The schedules for the past few weeks i've only saw her a couple of hours a week, so i told her on Sunday that the working schedules are going to be a huge problem and a frustrating one this early on when we aren't even in a relationship, i was only gonna see her once this week and said i still wanna see if i can handle it, she replied with 'theres no point if your feeling like this now'. So we mutually agree to call things off.

The next day she calls me and we talk at night, she starts saying that shes gonna change shifts and thinks there's more of a reason i've stopped dating her. Again this is the whole calling things off then coming back again, i feel like i'm being tested to show my worth. I said my decision stands and things get nasty. I told her that she ran away AGAIN and has came back, proving my point earlier that when things get hard she runs away.

I feel like she is twisting the knife to make me feel guilty as i just didn't feel like this was going somewhere.

Please help guys.

PyramidSong

I don't think she's twisting the knife. I think you are throwing away a good thing for a dumb, temporary reason: work schedules.

You work & go to school. At some point that will end because you will graduate. You will then have more time.

She is willing to change bar shifts. Instead of being grateful that she wanted to resolve the problem you accused her of twisting the knife.

What the heck was she supposed to do? Quit her jobs so she can be available to work around your schedule? Were you going to pay her bills & give her an allowance?

Let her go She's right. You are dumping her for more then just scheduling issues. Leave her be. She deserves better.