Date Cancellation

ManyDissapoint

ManyDissapoint

Met a girl on a group hike a few weeks ago. She seemed very interested and I got her number. I quickly arranged a date the first week. As luck would have it, on the night of the date I started coming down with a cold and was feverish so I was not feeling my best. Any kind of escalation was out of the question. Still it went okay.

Since then I've been very busy, with important projects at work which demand sporadic night shifts which really mess up my schedule. Recently I asked to meet her on Friday evening. She said she had already made plans with a friend but asked if I could do it on Sunday. Sunday I had another night shift, so I counter offered her counter offer with Tuesday.

Today is Tuesday so I sent her a text telling her I would like to pick her up at a certain time in the evening and is that okay. She answered that she has a lot of pressure these days and can she call me when things settle down.

I understand she's quite busy and I'm busy as well, but I'm willing to make some time.

It's been incredibly frustrating trying to date this day and age.

I have been the one to bite the bullet and been slightly more forward than she has in my communications. Telling her that I'm sorry I can't meet her on such and such day but I really want to see her again. In other words my interest is clear but I have been extremely sparse in my communications as I don't enjoy nor see chit chat necessary especially at this stage.

Anyway does this sound a flake situation? After her last message I feel like her interest level is not where it should be, and I feel I only have maybe a 25% chance of seeing her again and/or things working out.

I'm 34, she's 28.

Edited by ManyDissapoint

Especially when the date is negotiated, excuses like I'm busy are just that. She is not interested. Move on.

• Like 3
PegNosePete
Anyway does this sound a flake situation?

Yes.

She said she'd call you when "things settle down" so just leave it to her. But don't wait around, and don't hold your breath. Assume you'll never hear from her again but if you do it'll be a pleasant surprise.

• Like 2
Met a girl on a group hike a few weeks ago. She seemed very interested and I got her number. I quickly arranged a date the first week. As luck would have it, on the night of the date I started coming down with a cold and was feverish so I was not feeling my best. Any kind of escalation was out of the question. Still it went okay.

Since then I've been very busy, with important projects at work which demand sporadic night shifts which really mess up my schedule. Recently I asked to meet her on Friday evening. She said she had already made plans with a friend but asked if I could do it on Sunday. Sunday I had another night shift, so I counter offered her counter offer with Tuesday.

Today is Tuesday so I sent her a text telling her I would like to pick her up at a certain time in the evening and is that okay. She answered that she has a lot of pressure these days and can she call me when things settle down.

I understand she's quite busy and I'm busy as well, but I'm willing to make some time.

I have been the one to bite the bullet and been slightly more forward than she has in my communications. Telling her that I'm sorry I can't meet her on such and such day but I really want to see her again. In other words my interest is clear but I have been extremely sparse in my communications as I don't enjoy nor see chit chat necessary especially at this stage.

Anyway does this sound a flake situation? After her last message I feel like her interest level is not where it should be, and I feel I only have maybe a 25% chance of seeing her again and/or things working out.

I'm 34, she's 28.

She said she had already made plans with a friend but asked if I could do it on Sunday

first of all , I am sorry , I know that as a guy these things sting , but do not lose your focus or balance . If I was geniunly into one girl , I'd cancel on my friend to go out with her not the other way around . so this sounds like BS

"busy" is the lamest excuse of all times , and by far the most popular with girls , I am sorry pal , this was just some nonsense

yup , you have been abundantly clear with your interest , she didn't appreciate that . It is not a simple flake , as other say ,, " move on"

cut all communication with her , she WILL communicate with you , at first give her a taste of that sweet understanding man , let her know what she missed out ,and then tell her , sorry but I am seeing someone .

Good luck pal

It sounds like she might've met someone else over the weekend and had second thoughts about continuing with you. (Or she had a date planned Friday.). The "I'm busy, let me call you when things settle down" is a standard excuse when you want to buy some time to see where things might go with another person who you think you might like better. Unfortunately you lost momentum with her by letting it go so long without a date. You never know, you might hear from her again, but don't count on it.

Michelle ma Belle

I'm 34, she's 28.

This says it all my friend. When you want to spend time with someone you make the time no matter how busy your life is.

Move on.

• Like 1
Philosopher

This has happened to me a few times and I am afraid to say, at least in my experience it is almost certainly is a flake situation. It is very likely you will not hear back from her. You are definitely correct in not contacting. Attempts to contact her in these situations are usually met with silence.

• Like 2
  • Author
ManyDissapoint

She contacted me saying that things calmed down now after her niece's baptism and she might have time to call me to arrange meeting up for a coffee.

I really wanted to tell her to piss off to be honest. But I decided to be polite. Last chance.

She contacted me saying that things calmed down now after her niece's baptism and she might have time to call me to arrange meeting up for a coffee.

I really wanted to tell her to piss off to be honest. But I decided to be polite. Last chance.

Dude, she. *might* have time to *call you* to meet up for coffee?

Come on now, really?

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.....

ChatroomHero

This is soooo weak on her part that it's actually pretty funny. The only response you should give to something like this is -"great, give me a call. It looks like I might have time to answer a phone call to discuss scheduling another call about setting up a date".

• Like 2
BikerAccnt

I'm kind of in the same situation now. Seems to be happening a lot to me. I mean, if you just don't want to date someone, just come out and say it.

Kind of reminds me of the those new Citi Bank Commercials, I think they are Hilarious. You know the one...as a date ends..

As their date comes to an end, a woman confidently expresses to her partner that she's had a great time. He straightforwardly tells her he'll be sending a vague text which will, without a doubt, leave her confused. - She responds sayin " and I'll wait a full two days before responding. Then he says "We'll never see each other again will we?"

Cracks me up every time I see it. Dating is SO like that...