Is my friend hinting and should I ask her out

Jordan185

Normally I wouldn't ask about friends because I'm interested in friends. This is a different case. We have been friends for about a year and she has changed my life. I wasn't even interested in her until abut a month ago. I just feel good around her. She is absolutely funny and can change my mood in an instant.

To get to the point we were talking about dating and someone asked me about age and I said normally I don't date girls that are 18. That's a little young for me. She said well I'm not much older. Why would she bring it up? I also mentioned how I got stuck with some strange people. She said I should have came over and watched movies with her. Am I overthinking this or is she hinting?

• Author

It's just ones of those things where I want to be careful. Thanks for your input.

She's hinting.

Although I am not saying she's offering sex -- have you ever heard of Netflix & Chill? She invited you over for a movie. Duh. She's at least up for snuggling.

If you like her, ask her out.

• Like 2

BTW it doesn't matter if she is hinting or not. If you are interested in someone, you ask them out regardless. Remember confidence wins the girl most of the time.

• Like 1
  • Author
She's hinting.

Although I am not saying she's offering sex -- have you ever heard of Netflix & Chill? She invited you over for a movie. Duh. She's at least up for snuggling.

If you like her, ask her out.

Oh I didn't think she was offering sex. I didn't know if it was just a joke. We aren't the type of people that would have sex this early. Like I said I just want to be sure. It just sounded like she was qualifying herself to me when she said that she was 19. I tend to overthink things because I don't want to screw it up.

19 year old girls offer to watch movies with guys they like. She's creating a situation where it would be expected that you would make a move to at least put your arm around her, possibly kiss her.

Again, if you like her ask her on a date. If you don't like her continue to ignore her hints. If you want her to stop hinting say something along the lines of "I'm glad we're friends."

• Author
19 year old girls offer to watch movies with guys they like. She's creating a situation where it would be expected that you would make a move to at least put your arm around her, possibly kiss her.

Again, if you like her ask her on a date. If you don't like her continue to ignore her hints. If you want her to stop hinting say something along the lines of "I'm glad we're friends."

I do like her and we are friends. I want to ask her out and I know I should do it. I just didn't know if she was joking about the movie thing.

• Author
BTW it doesn't matter if she is hinting or not. If you are interested in someone, you ask them out regardless. Remember confidence wins the girl most of the time.

That's true. I just don't want to make things awkward if she said no since we are pretty good friends and see each other frequently. Thank you for your opinion.

It sounds like she is hinting. But the best way to know is ask. We may often give the hint and wait for the man to take the “initiative”. Maybe ask her out on a date and she what she says.

• Author
It sounds like she is hinting. But the best way to know is ask. We may often give the hint and wait for the man to take the “initiative”. Maybe ask her out on a date and she what she says.

I should. I just want to be careful because like I said she's a close friend.