Overthinking or not?

So I have been out of the dating game a while and have spent the past month talking with this girl i like.

We went on a date and it was great, we had tons in common, lots of laughs and really clicked, at the end of the date there was a lot of passionate kissing etc and i said i would like to see her again and she said yes.

Now after all this when I have asked her if she is free this week to meet up again she said "I'm pretty busy :( how have you been?" so i asked her if she wanted to another time (unspecified) and she said yes.

I've always been told if they don't offer an alternative then they are not interested, however we are still talking and I think we really have clicked. Now i am unsure if i'm overthinking the situation or if she is just stalling as she doesn't want to see me, however i don't want to come over as a crazy person (which i clearly am lol)

So im stuck on what to do... any advice would be helpful!

PegNosePete
i asked her if she wanted to another time (unspecified) and she said yes.

Yes you're overthinking it.

My suggestion is to ask in specifics, and through voice call rather than text. That way, if she is again unavailable on your chosen date, you can both jointly negotiate an alternate date. You'll also pick up non-verbal cues such as her interest level, voice tone etc, which are invisible on text.

• Like 3

I echo what PegNosePete said : always use voice calls , no skype , no BS , just an old fashioned phone call .

In my experience which is by no means universal , "I am busy" is always a BS excuse , it's not even a creative one .

let assume that I am really busy , and someone that I liked offered to go out on a date , here is what I would do :-

1- specify what I am busy in exactly

2- suggest another specific time for a date and making up for that raincheck :)

you have every right to think that she is not interested anymore but don't jump the gun , wait for a while and see . if she is stringing you along , delete her number and search for someone else .

I am just telling you my opinion , but remember there is no "wise old man"when it comes to dating :cool:

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks a lot for the advice guys, its good to have some outsider opinions, I do tend to overthink things a lot which i've really been trying to work on.

I will give it a little time then call her and try to arrange a date before i throw in the towel.

californiablonde

I agree with the above posters about calling as opposed to texting. However, when you do call to arrange a date I would put it upon her. Meaning if she says something along the lines of yeah sounds good. Then follow up by asking her ok when works for you. This way she has to provide you with a firm time and day and you can schedule accordingly. In all reality she should at least be able to provide one "free" block of time. If not then you know she is not interested. Also if her answer is kind of wishy-washy I would drop it after that.

• Like 2