Text Message Flirt?

LoveRefreshed

LoveRefreshed

Quick Q.

So, let's say you're giving a friend some furniture because you're moving and you text a thank you for them coming to get it and they respond with

I'm just the lucky guy getting what you're willing to give me

You think that text message is innocent or carrying the obvious innuendo that I see?

Quick Q.

So, let's say you're giving a friend some furniture because you're moving and you text a thank you for them coming to get it and they respond with

You think that text message is innocent or carrying the obvious innuendo that I see?

I think at most it might be construed as *suggestive* but not *obvious.*

Whomever wrote it may think it's obvious because that was his intention.

But the recipient may not see it that way at all.

Maybe if he had said "I am just the lucky guy " hoping" to get what you're willing to give me" with a wink wink at the end, that would be more obvious.

Edited by katiegrl
Quick Q.

To me it's very suggestive and border lining on obvious. Is he cute? Are you single?

This is about giving furniture. I gave him a couch and chair. He's appreciative I had something to give and chose to gave it to him.

You guys see romance in this??

• Like 1

This is about giving furniture. I gave him a couch and chair. He's appreciative I had something to give and chose to gave it to him.

No not romance, sex.

It's suggestive at most.

Depending on my relationship with the guy who wrote it (flirting, other sexual innuendos?), that is how I *might* have interpreted it.

But like I said, a wink wink at the end would make it more obvious.

If my brother or married guy friend had written, no I would not think it was suggestive, although I do think he could have worded it better.

Ya gotta think like a man sometimes, male-speak is different from woman-speak... LR thought it was an *obvious* sexual innuendo.... he said so in his OP.

Edited by katiegrl
  • Author
LoveRefreshed

Depending on my relationship with the guy who wrote it (flirting, other sexual innuendos?), that is how I *might* have interpreted it.

Ex partner.

Ex partner.

So LR did you write this? Since you said "guy" is it safe to presume you wrote it and not her?

Did you mean it as a sexual innuendo? Presuming you did.

So how did she respond? Has she responded?

We need details my friend!! :)

• Author
LoveRefreshed

gf got this text from ex bf.

she showed me immediately and commented it was a bit of an awkward one

She didn't know how to respond to it and just ignored it

I'm wondering if it's worth me dropping a line that "his luck's gonna run out fast the way you push it" when I see him tonight as he's picking up the furniture.

Though not sure if it was intended the way I can see it and obviously the way it made my gf feel if she showed me it, or if I'm looking for excuses to be confrontational with this kid.

Edited by LoveRefreshed

So he hasn't picked up the furniture yet?

Okay then it is definitely suggestive!! But still not obvious.

I don't know LR, it's subtle, so you can't really confront him without appearing jealous possessive.

She should not be friends with her ex though, IMO.

After this, she needs to go no contact.

Why is she still friends with him?

Edited by katiegrl
  • Like 1

If he was interested in her, and she knows, then this is innuendo....

Eh, seems totally innocuous to me. Unless there's some history or whatever else to contextualize it differently.

• Like 1
OnlyHonesty
gf got this text from ex bf.

she showed me immediately and commented it was a bit of an awkward one

She didn't know how to respond to it and just ignored it

I'm wondering if it's worth me dropping a line that "his luck's gonna run out fast the way you push it" when I see him tonight as he's picking up the furniture.

Though not sure if it was intended the way I can see it and obviously the way it made my gf feel if she showed me it, or if I'm looking for excuses to be confrontational with this kid.

When you see him tonight, or when ever you see him, the smart thing to do is nothing.

Why did your gf feel the need to show you that text? Surely she is a grown woman that can handle a comment from an ex, without making a deal out of it. You should be asking yourself why she felt the need to show you that.

• Like 2
  • Author
LoveRefreshed
When you see him tonight, or when ever you see him, the smart thing to do is nothing.

Why did your gf feel the need to show you that text? Surely she is a grown woman that can handle a comment from an ex, without making a deal out of it. You should be asking yourself why she felt the need to show you that.

She got it sitting next to me and I glanced at her phone as she got the text right next to me and I knew it was him. I think she was worried that I was going to be angry about it (as was the case with her ex husband's msgs). The truth is, I never read her messages even if I was over her shoulder. I make a note if it's the ex or not (the only one I can understand staying friend with as she was friends with him for 10 years and he was a good friend during her last relationship. She only dated him because he was there and she was on rebound, she has 0 feelings for him that are romantic, I feel safe in that) She didn't do it to goad me, I'm pretty sure as she is non-confrontational and begged me not to confront him the first time he was disrespectful.

I chose not to say anything. Many of the women thought it was an innocent comment and I was up in the air. I don't really know the guy and I struggle with jealous emotions, so I decided to let this one go. Though, I did demand to from her a while back that if he was ever disrespectful, she'd better tell me and do something about it. I think she's kind of afraid not to show me msgs that tingle a spidey sense.