he stopped calling me

l2hvn

this guy i like has not called me in two weeks. i've known him for about 3 months now (he lives in another state). we used to talk and/or text each other almost everyday but i haven't heard from him the past two weeks. thing is, he was supposed to come down and visit about a week ago for the weekend but called me a few days before his scheduled flight to tell me he couldn't make it because of work.

i miss him.. and i don't know what happened... should i call him or just give it up? i need to know what you guys think... thanks for your input...

Contact seems far enough for you to certainly call him and ask. The phone works both ways. I would call him and ask him what's up. If he seems dodgy, ask him straight out. You need to know.

ReluctantRomeo

Aieee! It doesn't sound good I'm afraid. More likely than not he got cold feet but didn't have the courage or the decency to say this.

This isn't certain though - there could be a good explanation. Why don't you try ringing him? This way you get an instant reaction (if he's in, of course - otherwise don't leave a message, just ring back another time). Be friendly, light and polite, but remember that you deserve an explanation of some kind. And some kind of clarification as to where you stand right now - not coming is a strong signal and he needs to give a compensating positive signal if he's still interested in the relationship.

• Author

oh thank you guys for responding.... latest update:

i text him last week (wednesday) and said "good morning, stranger." then he text me back 2mins later saying "hi. how are you. sorry i've been m.i.a.... what's new?" very casual..

i didn't text back hoping he'd call later in the day. well guess what, he never called. and never text me since.

so i called the next night (thursday), pretty late, around 11pm (i'd assume he'd be home by then), but i got his voicemail. i didn't leave a message...

he has not returned my missed call since then.. i guess i should just give it up...

***HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO ME!!!*** :(:(:(

it sucks.. because i don't know what happened... like, he just disappeared all of a sudden... i have all these crazy ideas in my head.. maybe he's seeing someone else the whole time.... also he mentioned before (several times) that he's a little depressed (has S.A.D.)... and he's stressed at work (he holds a very powerful job at a very prestigious investment bank on Wall Street)... but those are just excuses (just like what that book says)...

there's no excuse for him to not call me.... no excuse...

i feel so rejected and neglected.... it's not like i want him to commit to me or anything (i don't believe in long distance-LTR). i had fun with him... i guess i just needed some answers....