Lots of touching early, then sudden rejection at the end

shirt_buttons

shirt_buttons

So this girl met up with me and my friends, and things seemed to be going well. She had initially said she was staying in, but after saying she should come out, she did and stayed literally until the bars closed. Anyways, there was lots of touching (legs touching under table, small of the back, hand on knee, etc.) and at no point was she withdrawing. Fast forward to end of night, I miss the Uber with my friends, agree to split one with her. In the Uber, I again put my hand on her knee (as I had done earlier in the night with no issues), yet this time she pushed her arm against mine, which to me meant stop touching me. It wasn't a strong push, but it wasn't just "brushing" against my arm either. So essentially, what gives with the sudden change? Why would she be receptive to touching throughout the night, then at the very end reject touching? The conversation continued to flow fine, if that means anything (probably not).

The only way to know is to ask her out again and see if she turns up. It could have been....don't touch me on public transport in front of everyone/we're not going to have sex tonight so don't ask/don't touch me because now the alcohols worn off I don't think I like you that much.

Touching in a public setting while in a group, is one thing. Touching in private on the way to one of your homes where the possibility that something might happen, is vastly different. Those were the points where she drew lines.

I think she may like you. She enjoyed flirting with you. She simply had no interest in being a ONS

Follow up question, should that be interpreted as move not, not going to happen, or just not going to happen that night?

It is definitely a single of not happening tonight. Whether it is more really depends how she reacts to you since then.

• Like 1