Flirting at the OFFICE!

Jergens92003

Hello folks, I would like to get your opinion or advice on a situation that I have. I met this guy at work, it was about 2 months ago, that we introduced ourselves to each other and had good conversations from the start. I thought he was very intelligent and very attractive. We see each other off an on at the office, and exchanges glances and smiles. Yesterday and today we were teamed up to do a training session (He's a pilot and I'm an aviation engineer) And I don't know if I was reading the signals wrong or what, but it was some major eye contact and sweet/sexy smiles exhanged. We drove out to lunch together and cruising speed, just asking each other general questions and getting to know about each other. While in class, I was making a bit of shoe contact with him...to see his reaction....well, he did not move his foot!

We joke about with hints of scarcasm as well. When we make eye contact my heart races!!!! I am so very attracted to him!

BUT!!!! In the office we work in, gossip travels like wild fire! Also I suspect he has a girlfriend, he has neither denied nor confirmed this fact. But I do think he has one.

Please advise....am I reading signals wrong, is he only flirting for fun? I want to ask him out. What should I do? What should I say?

No one in the office that could confirm whether or not he has a girlfriend? I wouldn't ask anyone out without knowing if they're even available.

• Author

I confirmed today by asking him! He does have a girlfriend. Yet we had such a powerfull connection when we talk!

Why is he still flirting??

He is still flirting because he is a dog and as a dog his main concern is that you feel that "connection" so that everything else falls into place!!!!

Ignore him girl 'cause I hear his *ss barking all the way from here!!!!

I remember having a crush on someone at work a couple of years ago. I couldn't help but blush everytime I was around the guy. Was very attracted to him too.

He was single at first but ended up hooking up with someone he had a crush on at work instead of me. I had sensed something between him and the girl everytime they were around eachother and got so jealous. Luckily I only worked there one, two days a week.

The girlfriend ended up leaving which made me happy. Found out they were living together though. That was probably part of the reason.

Still he would be very nice to me and flirt with me a little. Never crossing the line though. Nothing ever happened in the end. Both went in different directions.

Last I heard he was engaged to the girl I was jealous of. Lol. Tough luck for me. Oh well. Met someone else in the end. :D.

My current boyfriend and I were talking about flirting. Told him the story and he reckons that the guy was probably flirting back just out of friendliness. He might have also just been flattered as well.

You know, sometimes a person is just friendly. It's generally considered polite to maintain eye contact, people have varying comfort zones (Americans generally have a very large cz :), ) and most people I've met tend to run at the mouth a little... meaning that they cross lines they're not even aware they just stepped past.

I definitely wouldn't take personally though. He's got a girlfriend? Plenty of guys who don't. And I agree that interoffice romance generally ends badly. Don't lose sleep over him! ;)

• Author

Well we had a long chat today! And sitting at the water cooler! So I can just see the rumours buzzing about at the office!!!!

It was intense...he was asking me lots of questions, trying to get to know me! Gee whizz what is he getting at???

I finally responeded in a joking manner, "do you want to do a questionnaire and I will fill it out!!" He smiled. I am certain he knows I am flirting with him!!!

He also spoke of his girlfriend being the jealous kind!!!

So I guess ....hmmm Well I just lucked out! All the good ones are taken!! ;o)

Well at least you know that he is not a good one because if he is taken and he is still flirting he is nothing but a DOG!!!! The poor chick has a reason to be jealous like he says!!!!

• Author

ok this is what happened today! aghh!

he managed to obtain my number from another guy at the office (my good mate)

and then he said to me, hey i got your number im gonna call you later!

geee whizz....why are men sooo bad !!!!!!

i have to be strong on the phone if in case he asks me out. i have to decline!

will say later how i get on!