How do I stop being evil?

lemonadekiwi

I was out for my boyfriends birthday. Him and a close friend of mine got so involved in a conversation and locked eyes that I felt irrelevant. I ended up storming off for a few mins, I couldn't help it. I felt invisible. How do I stop being so irrational

He was being rude and inconsiderate. When you are in the company of more that one, it's good manners to include everyone in conversation.

If he does this a lot, dump his ass.

• Like 1

You learn to maturely communicate. You can express your disappointment that you weren't involved in the conversation. I recommend you do this once you and your boyfriend are alone together so as not to create a scene. Storming off is Drama Queen tactic that will resolve nothing.

But a few questions for context: how long were they engaged in this conversation? What happened after you stormed off? Also, how old are you?

• Like 2
  • Author
You learn to maturely communicate. You can express your disappointment that you weren't involved in the conversation. I recommend you do this once you and your boyfriend are alone together so as not to create a scene. Storming off is Drama Queen tactic that will resolve nothing.

But a few questions for context: how long were they engaged in this conversation? What happened after you stormed off? Also, how old are you?

Wow you are right... I didn't handle that the best way. Now I've sobered up I feel silly. I was quite drunk but still no excuse to storm off. Erm about 20mins I was just sitting there and couldn't join in, after i came back I pretended it didn't happen because i was aware I didn't want to ruin an otherwise good

Night and me and the girl were chatting like normal. He talked to other people. I'm also 31... Yeah I know. I feel ashamed.

• Author

Yeah, it felt like I could have walked off and they wouldn't notice. Whilst drunk i got which is why I didn't handle it great.

You storming off, slightly immature yes, but I can see why.

I have a feeling there may be more to this "relationship" between your bf and your close friend, than you may be aware of.

Be careful.

• Like 2
At one point I tried to get involved but was told "oh we aren't talking about that now"

That is a rather rude response to your attempt to join the conversation. I can certainly understand why you were upset. Storming off is of course not the answer, but I don't blame you for feeling left out.

You need to have a sober, face-to-face talk with your boyfriend.

• Like 1