Overthinking around him

amkxoxo

So I have a college class with this guy. We occasionally talk. I think he's really cute. He makes me a little nervous.

Some weeks in class he flirts with me and he seems interested. Then other weeks, he doesn't seem interested at all. The same happens when we started hanging out. We started studying together. He will be all into me and then he won't. I think its making me super confused, where I am overthinking things when I am with him. I'm trying so hard to decide whats going on in my head, thats its actually taking energy from who I am. I feel like I am not totally myself around him because of this. I feel like this is hindering us together.

I can be cute, funny, sarcastic, to my friends and other guys around me, but with him I can't think of anything funny to say. I can't think of anything interesting to ask him, and I just feel like I am thinking too much. My thoughts are solely concerned on him and I can't shake it. Every time I know I am going to see him, I build myself up to try and just be my personable, likable self. I tell myself I am not going to get nervous or worry about him or us, but as soon as we hang out, I just feel myself not being there anymore.

I feel like if I could just be myself around him, that he would truly see me for me. Lots of people like me when I am just myself and not all serious and laid back. Just me. Sometimes when I try so hard to be myself around him things seem to come out wrong, and it ends up again, not being something I would say. Leading him to believe I am different than I am. Then if I try to reverse what I originally said and try and really get my actual point across, it seems like i am lying.

I feel like I can't win. Any advice, help, comments?