Approached the hottest girl

Mckarsafra

I was at this work-related networking event where they gather all the employees from the various divisions of the company that are scattered across the company's various branches for a bunch of boring speeches.

While there, I spotted the hottest girl in the room. Even though there were 1,000 employees there, most of them much older than us, she just stuck out like a sore thumb from the start. Throughout the whole meeting, I was thinking I'd never have the guts to approach her; she's too hot, she has too much style, there are too many people around, etc. But after the event, I saw her in the lobby getting ready to go. So I said, oh, f*ck it, approached her, and stumbled my way into a conversation with her. Attractive women tend to be mean and closed off, but she was very friendly. She actually works in the same department I transferred from a few years back.

After we chatted a while, she mentioned how heavy her bag was, so I walked her back to her office building, carrying her bag for her. When we arrived, I told her I wanted to get to know her better, asked for her number, and she said, "Sure, I can give you that." I'm not one to ask out co-workers, but she works in another building a short walk from mine, so it's not like we work together closely.

I'm sitting here thinking of the best way to move this forward. It's Friday. Do I ask her if she wants to get together this weekend or suggest we go to lunch together next week?

Tomorrow I'd text her Happy Valentine's Day & tell her you will reach out during the week to set up a lunch, if that works for her. On Monday, call her & ask her to lunch no earlier than Wednesday. At lunch on Wednesday see when she would be free to grab drinks after work.

• Like 1
  • Author
Tomorrow I'd text her Happy Valentine's Day & tell her you will reach out during the week to set up a lunch, if that works for her. On Monday, call her & ask her to lunch no earlier than Wednesday. At lunch on Wednesday see when she would be free to grab drinks after work.

Can you provide some rationale for this approach? What'd be wrong with asking her out for drinks this weekend? My concern is that lunch might suggest I just want to be friends with her.

Can you provide some rationale for this approach? What'd be wrong with asking her out for drinks this weekend? My concern is that lunch might suggest I just want to be friends with her.

Any other weekend other then Valentine's day weekend drinks would be OK (except last minute invites are not that great)

• Author

She sent me a text saying her boyfriend is taking her out to sushi and she'll have to take a rain check. :( Sigh...

Edited by Mckarsafra
fitnessfan365
She sent me a text saying her boyfriend is taking her out to sushi and she'll have to take a rain check. :( Sigh...

Ouch man that sucks. After you make your intentions known and ask for her number, she gives it you even though she has a boyfriend. But what I find even more puzzling is that she said she wants a rain check. That to me would eliminate her as dating material. Despite the fact that she has a boyfriend, she's still leaving the door open slightly. Which means she'd openly go out with another guy behind her BF's back.

However, be proud of yourself for actually having the balls to approach her. Use that to carry over into approaching other women.

Edited by fitnessfan365
  • Like 2
LoveRefreshed

Look at it like a victory! Here's why:

Ever hear of the saying "Birds of feather flock together"? I bet this girl has all sorts of hot gfs, and statistically, there will be single ones among them.

You showed balls and confidence to this girl to ask her out. She probably thinks well of you despite having a boyfriend. That's one bird singin in an ear of one that is willing to listen.

Finally, show that you can handle rejection and blow it off. As you should; it's no big deal. Be mature around her and treat her as a friend if you can handle it and not be weird.

You'll have a hot wingman lookin out for your wang that has access to lots of hot women. Turn this into a good thing, it's all about perspective.

fitnessfan365
I was disappointed, and very confused as to why she would do that, but I just said, "Sure, no worries."

Well you did say she was nice. So it could be that she wanted to avoid telling you no to your face. She gives you her number and then says she has a "boyfriend". Now of course it could be true. But "I have a boyfriend" is a popular rejection for single women that aren't interested.

I think your response was fine. Personally, since I'm a smart ass I would've said something like "Giving your # out when you have a BF..interesting". :D

DatingDirection
Attractive women tend to be mean and closed off, but she was very friendly.

How true is this? Attractive women tend to be mean and closed off?

Ruby Slippers
LOL why did she give you her number then when you specifically told her you would like to know her better? Sounds like a tease!

Seriously! I feel sorry for the guy who's taking her out for sushi while she's giving out her number and texting with a dude from work. Good thing you're not him ;)

She was probably just getting some narcissistic supply from you. I wouldn't worry about it.

Most numbers don't lead to anything.

It's a numbers game (no pun intended).

It's bullsh*t.

Uninterested women tend to be mean and closed off.

• Like 2
Seriously! I feel sorry for the guy who's taking her out for sushi while she's giving out her number and texting with a dude from work. Good thing you're not him ;)

Maybe she just didn't wanna reject him on his face when he asked for her number?

So she gave it to him anyway but rejected him through texts.

Or maybe she doesn't even have a BF

wtf? This is either a lie - her having a boyfriend - to mess with your head or she's a skank leading you on while in a relationship.

All you can really do is hook up with her. She is clearly not relationship material.

I was at this work-related networking event where they gather all the employees from the various divisions of the company that are scattered across the company's various branches for a bunch of boring speeches.

While there, I spotted the hottest girl in the room. Even though there were 1,000 employees there, most of them much older than us, she just stuck out like a sore thumb from the start. Throughout the whole meeting, I was thinking I'd never have the guts to approach her; she's too hot, she has too much style, there are too many people around, etc. But after the event, I saw her in the lobby getting ready to go. So I said, oh, f*ck it, approached her, and stumbled my way into a conversation with her. Attractive women tend to be mean and closed off, but she was very friendly. She actually works in the same department I transferred from a few years back.

After we chatted a while, she mentioned how heavy her bag was, so I walked her back to her office building, carrying her bag for her. When we arrived, I told her I wanted to get to know her better, asked for her number, and she said, "Sure, I can give you that." I'm not one to ask out co-workers, but she works in another building a short walk from mine, so it's not like we work together closely.

I'm sitting here thinking of the best way to move this forward. It's Friday. Do I ask her if she wants to get together this weekend or suggest we go to lunch together next week?

Okay, I skipped to the second page to reply before reading this. She set you up from what you described.

She mentioned her bags were heavy -- that was a hint for you to carry them for her.

She gave you her number. Means nothing. She did it to be nice since you carried her bag. She can always spin it that she was networking.

The boyfriend line was a blow off. Whether true or not she has one, it was a blow off. I doubt there will be a rain check.

wtf? This is either a lie - her having a boyfriend - to mess with your head or she's a skank leading you on while in a relationship.

All you can really do is hook up with her. She is clearly not relationship material.

Geee,we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Sometimes guys ask us number and we don't give it to them and they say "I just wanna be friends who says I want to date you? Gee"

And if we give it to them we are misleading , messing with their head , hook up material

The joy of being an attractive woman ay!

Sometimes guys ask us number and we don't give it to them and they say "I just wanna be friends who says I want to date you? Gee"

The guys who pretend to be a woman's friend to try to get her into bed are every bit as pathetic as the women that lead a guy on for some attention.

No arguments there.

• Like 1

And the worm turns. This is why asking people out that are work associates is SO chancey. She probably had to find out who exactly you were and what your job was and make sure she didn't have an obligation to socialize before she turned you down. But as long as you just completely drop it now and don't recontact her, really, it should be no harm done.

They're not mean. They're closed off and defensive if they can already tell they are not interested by the looks of you or what little they know about you. Otherwise, they'd be dealing with being hit on constantly, which gets old and can keep the man in the room you're actually interested in at bay. And men who get hit on a lot are also the same way. They are trying to spare you the embarrassment and themselves as well.