Should i move on?

tanyasmith

I have been seeing this guy for a couple of years now. He has always been very nice and romantic. The only issue is that hes 18 years older than me. I have gained a bit of weight over the past couple of months,5 more pounds, I am 5 7 and I was about 130/135 pounds and now I am 140. When we went out, he lifted my shirt in the car, and grabbed my belly really hard,it actually hurt my stomache a lot, and made me feel so uncomfortable. Meanwhile my family and friends tell me I look great with curves. I am by no means fat. The last time we saw each other and went out on a date, he was lecturing me to exercise more and be more active, to eat healthier. This made me feel really bad as I do exercise and workout every day plus I eat healthy. He also says I have a "potbelly" as in teasing me. Why would he grab my stomach so much? He does this often and it makes me feel like I am fat or ugly. The thing is, he is chunky and has a big stomache but that never bothered me so why does he make me feel bad about myself? This made me really sad, insecure and unsure of myself. I stopped replying to his calls and texts because all of this hurts me. I even feel bad when I eat now. Why does he do these things? Should I forget about him?

Edited by tanyasmith

He is a jerk and you should definetly leave his sorry ass and stupid comments to where he belongs: in your past. You definetly deserve someone who loves you and likes you and appreciates you just the way you are. He has no business commenting on your looks. If you feel great and if you are happy be that way. If you wanna change something do it for you. Not for any guy.

• Like 4

Any person that makes you feel terrible about yourself should be eliminated from your life. Doesn't matter why he does these things, but what matters is that you engage with people that nurture and truly care about your wellbeing. A person that loves you will offer positive ways to help with the issue -- suggesting working out together, maybe deciding on both of you changing your diets and making better choices when it comes to food, cooking healthier meals, taking walks in the evening together, etc. Supporting each other and working towards a goal.

Yes, forget him. You could talk to him about it but I doubt it will make a difference. Seems like he's naturally an @@shole.

• Like 3

Ditch this guy like he's rotten tomatoes. You don't need that in your life. Your partner should love you for who you are, not what size you are.

• Like 1
I have been seeing this guy for a couple of years now. He has always been very nice and romantic. The only issue is that hes 18 years older than me. I have gained a bit of weight over the past couple of months,5 more pounds, I am 5 7 and I was about 130/135 pounds and now I am 140. When we went out, he lifted my shirt in the car, and grabbed my belly really hard,it actually hurt my stomache a lot, and made me feel so uncomfortable. Meanwhile my family and friends tell me I look great with curves. I am by no means fat. The last time we saw each other and went out on a date, he was lecturing me to exercise more and be more active, to eat healthier. This made me feel really bad as I do exercise and workout every day plus I eat healthy. He also says I have a "potbelly" as in teasing me. Why would he grab my stomach so much? He does this often and it makes me feel like I am fat or ugly. The thing is, he is chunky and has a big stomache but that never bothered me so why does he make me feel bad about myself? This made me really sad, insecure and unsure of myself. I stopped replying to his calls and texts because all of this hurts me. I even feel bad when I eat now. Why does he do these things? Should I forget about him?

You sound really young, OP. Why are you dating a guy old enough to be your dad? Sounds like he has issues.

What a douchebag! My ex was like that, except that I was skinny and he'd tease me for my small boobs and grab them all the time, saying things like "Why do even need a bra" etc. Men like that narcissistic which means they're deeply insecure and the ultimate strategy is to project their insecurities on their partners. Ditch that guy asap

This is just my opinion...

There is nothing wrong with dating someone that much older than you. I know many happily married couples with more age difference than that....

BUT....again, this is my opinion.., you are his sex toy. Plus, he is no man, he is a scumbag for doing what he did. I would not even consider gaining 5 lbs a weight gain. What a joke.

So, valentines is coming up. Get yourself a very naughty outfit, complete with f_me shoes. Present yourself, and tell him he can't touch until you can do laundry on his abs...

Then find a real man.

• Like 1

Ditch the donkey ... Real love doesnt make someone feel bad about themselves.