Ok, wtf?

AgainstAllOdds1

AgainstAllOdds1

I'll keep this one short and sweet. I invite a cute girl out with me and my buddies tonight, she shows up immediately. Shows obvious interest throughout the night, then becomes too drunk to do anything at the end of the night (got too drunk and passed out on my friend's couch before I could do anything, she eventually had someone else drive her and her car back to her place).

What's the best way to respond to this? We haven't dated or hooked up yet, if that means anything.

Edited by AgainstAllOdds1

What do you mean by "do anything?" - sounds like you were expecting something.

Personally I'd just give a day and ask her how she is and whether she had a good time, keep it simple and polite and see where it goes from there. If she's still keen then ask her out again, just the two of you, maybe somewhere without alcohol this time though.

Send her flowers & a note of apology. Ask her out on a real date alone to so something that does not involve alcohol. On the off chance that she hasn't completely written you off as a worthless drunk you need to prove to her that you can manage to be charming while sober & that you are mature enough to go on a date without the support of all your buddies.

Send her flowers & a note of apology. Ask her out on a real date alone to so something that does not involve alcohol. On the off chance that she hasn't completely written you off as a worthless drunk you need to prove to her that you can manage to be charming while sober & that you are mature enough to go on a date without the support of all your buddies.
~

It is not the OP that got drunk and legless.

The girl who he hardly knows, and who he invited to the party, drank too much, passed out and got taken home.

• Like 2
~

The girl who he hardly knows, and who he invited to the party, drank too much, passed out and got taken home.

That's what I get for trying to read in the wee hours when I can't sleep. Whoops.

Never mind OP. Send yourself flowers & if you have ascertained this chick didn't die of alcohol poisoning at your friends' house, don't bother about her again. Sorry.

• Like 6
  • Author
AgainstAllOdds1
~

Exactly. She was giving me such obvious signals throughout the night that even I couldn't miss them. And then right as she says the "let's get out of here" line, she crashes on the couch. About 20 minutes later she was back on her feet, but our friend drove her home (she was clearly still drunk). I was hoping to have a better ending then only a peck of a kiss.

So as you can tell by the thread title I made while a little tipsy myself, I'm a bit frustrated. Last week a random bar girl approached me, took my hand and was leaving the bar with me until she saw people noticing and got cold feet. Now I had no control over that situation, but this is starting to get old.

AverageJoe1986
I'll keep this one short and sweet. I invite a cute girl out with me and my buddies tonight, she shows up immediately. Shows obvious interest throughout the night, then becomes too drunk to do anything at the end of the night (got too drunk and passed out on my friend's couch before I could do anything, she eventually had someone else drive her and her car back to her place).

What's the best way to respond to this? We haven't dated or hooked up yet, if that means anything.

Sounds like a standard Friday night to me.

• Like 1

If you don't want to date a blossoming alcoholic, try asking someone else out. I lulz because a guy in her state would just be left in a ditch somewhere with his car. Gender hath its privileges :D

• Like 1
AverageJoe1986
If you don't want to date a blossoming alcoholic, try asking someone else out. I lulz because a guy in her state would just be left in a ditch somewhere with his car. Gender hath its privileges :D

Blossoming alcoholic? She got drunk. If that behaviour was considered a prelude to alcoholism I wouldn't have a friend out of rehab.

• Like 2
AverageJoe1986
Blackout drinking is the early stages. I've seen a lifetime of it, and people who've died from it.

Maybe but every party I ever attended in my twenties or every night out at least half the people ended up in this state. They didn't become alcoholics.

I think this is a cultural divide between the UK and US as this just sounds like s normal friday night out to me. I passed out after getting too drunk countless times in my twenties.

• Like 1

Shows obvious interest, then:

"then becomes too drunk to do anything at the end of the night (got too drunk and passed out on my friend's couch before I could do anything, she eventually had someone else drive her and her car back to her place)."

Best behavior for the man she wants to date and mate with, of course presuming her 'interest' is sincere? Getting blackout drunk and someone else choosing to take not only her, but her car, home?

IMO, the best way to respond to this is a silence sandwich and asking another lady on a date.

• Like 2

I don't really see any need to do anything .... :confused:

• Like 1
Maybe but every party I ever attended in my twenties or every night out at least half the people ended up in this state. They didn't become alcoholics.

I think this is a cultural divide between the UK and US as this just sounds like s normal friday night out to me. I passed out after getting too drunk countless times in my twenties.

Kind of agree here, real alcoholics don't pass out, they just keep going as their liver is up to speed and they can drink everyone under the table, and remain relatively sober.

I guess she just a few too many, and it all caught up with her suddenly.

AverageJoe1986
Kind of agree here, real alcoholics don't pass out, they just keep going as their liver is up to speed and they can drink everyone under the table, and remain relatively sober.

I guess she just a few too many, and it all caught up with her suddenly.

Yes. Maybe she had an empty stomach and the drink caught up with her quicker than it usually would have. We've all made that mistake.

• Like 1

The amount I drink on any given week would have most people here on LS screaming "alcoholic".

I'm not, though. And I've passed out many times when I was younger. Still get bloody drunk every once in a while, with the hangover to show for it.

As for OP. Ask her out again. It's tougher to control alcohol intake when there is a large group, I find, so maybe go out just the two of you. And then, if her signals continue to be as strong, do whatever it is both of you want to do!

• Like 1

You could give her a second chance. Take her on a date to somewhere where there is alcohol but she doesn't have to choose it and see how she behaves. If she drinks a lot, ask her about how she was the other night when she passed out. See what her attitude to alcohol is. If the last time was a genuine mistake and her not appreciating how much she had drunk, then she will be keen not to make the same mistake.

Are you sure she wasn't drugged by someone? Passing out is a bit extreme.

You invite a girl over to party with a bunch of other people.....that doesn't say I like you and want to date you.

You like a girl, ask her out on a date...stop being a coward.

• Like 3
Says you. Says most alcoholics in denial.

LOL Alcoholism is not drinking large amounts of alcohol. It is a very specific and defined illness, where the consumption of alcohol disrupts daily life, in terms of family, social life, finances, work, etc.

I drink socially. In my line of work, it is common to drink after work.

More So, in my culture, drinking wine with every meal is the norm.

But I don't wake up thinking of when my next drink will be and I don't drink alone because for me drinking is a social thing and I find drinking alone to be boring and pointless.

• Like 1
AverageJoe1986
LOL Alcoholism is not drinking large amounts of alcohol. It is a very specific and defined illness, where the consumption of alcohol disrupts daily life, in terms of family, social life, finances, work, etc.

I drink socially. In my line of work, it is common to drink after work.

More So, in my culture, drinking wine with every meal is the norm.

But I don't wake up thinking of when my next drink will be and I don't drink alone because for me drinking is a social thing and I find drinking alone to be boring and pointless.

Haha. I guess the post from header was removed and was directed at me. I'd be a pretty rubbish alcoholic as I generally have a beer or wine with dinner about twice a week and meet up with friends at the pub for a 4/5 pint session once a month.

• Author
AgainstAllOdds1

Appreciate all the feedback. I guess it is a more common situation that I thought (people go out, she drinks a little more than she could handle). Just frustrating at the time since things were going so well and wanted to take the next logical step with her. We'll see what transpires in the days ahead.

Appreciate all the feedback. I guess it is a more common situation that I thought (people go out, she drinks a little more than she could handle). Just frustrating at the time since things were going so well and wanted to take the next logical step with her. We'll see what transpires in the days ahead.

And what, pray tell, would that be?

Are you frustrated because she was too drunk to have sex? :eek:

Just curious.

• Like 2

So you invited her out and hoped to get laid but she got too drunk and passed out.

Poor you.

FYI sober sex is better.

Next time if you just want to hook up invite her to Netflix and chill. Please though, be honest with the girl and tell her you just wanted her to come over so you could shag her.

• Like 1

Thank your lucky stars that you found out early that she drinks like this.

I personally would avoid like this at all cost, you will likely become her baby sitter every time you go out and find yourself cleaning up the messes that she creates for herself.

I have no patience for people that incapacitate themselves like that, they're like a walk, breathing chore that's been added to my to-do list.