Difference between Hon and Honey?

mattam

Maybe I'm reading too much into this. I've been called "hon" or "hun" however you would spell it, and know it doesn't mean much. But I've never been called honey from someone until recently?

I frequent a bar that I run into another woman who frequents it on a regular basis. For a while we never said anything... even after I tried talking to her one day and we had a brief convo. I saw her over the course of next few months without saying anything and then sat by her and started talking to her again one day... like 2 months ago. From then on when I'd see her (we happen to be there about once-twice a week) she would say hi to me. This... after seeing each other there like a year before that without saying anything. So I did try talking to her again but the conversation didn't really go anywhere. But she'd always greet me then and wound up sitting by each other often and having little to no conversation. Finally one day we started talking about drinks and she offered me to try hers. Then the next time she bought me a drink and called me "honey." I have never bought her a drink. Am I reading too much into her possibly liking me buying a drink and calling me honey? I don't really pick up women at bars. If we added all our conversation up it would probably be about 15 minutes or so.

Inconclusive. How old are you both?

I know a few barflies. They routinely give signs of affection and terms of endearment that are well beyond the nature of the actual relationship.

babycrapgreen
Maybe I'm reading too much into this. I've been called "hon" or "hun" however you would spell it, and know it doesn't mean much. But I've never been called honey from someone until recently?

I frequent a bar that I run into another woman who frequents it on a regular basis. For a while we never said anything... even after I tried talking to her one day and we had a brief convo. I saw her over the course of next few months without saying anything and then sat by her and started talking to her again one day... like 2 months ago. From then on when I'd see her (we happen to be there about once-twice a week) she would say hi to me. This... after seeing each other there like a year before that without saying anything. So I did try talking to her again but the conversation didn't really go anywhere. But she'd always greet me then and wound up sitting by each other often and having little to no conversation. Finally one day we started talking about drinks and she offered me to try hers. Then the next time she bought me a drink and called me "honey." I have never bought her a drink. Am I reading too much into her possibly liking me buying a drink and calling me honey? I don't really pick up women at bars. If we added all our conversation up it would probably be about 15 minutes or so.

She's totally in love with you. I only save "honey" for people I'm TOTALLY in love with. J/K...ahahhaha

I'm sorry, moms and prostitutes are the only people I hear that say "honey".

• Like 1