Been out with 50 guys from online dating, should I keep trying?

ilovemusic3

I'm a 26 year old female, I'm on a few different sites, and I've been out with about 50 guys, I've never had a bf, and only casually dated 1. Most of these guys didn't like me, and a few did, but they were weird, or ugly. Should I keep trying?

Its a numbers game and I admire your persistence.

However that said I d ask you to take a wee break once in a while or you will get dating burn out.

You`ll get de-sensitised to all the dates you`ll miss out on the one.

The reason I say that was I met a girl years ago who trated me right but I was distracted and spoke a few other girls.

Looking back in hindsight I wish I could have changed a few things.

So although keep looking and dating. I d ask maybe take a month of and back on or so.

Dating burnout can happen.

Most of these guys didn't like me, and a few did, but they were weird, or ugly.

Why didn't they like you? Are they things that could've been mentioned in your profile (eg something in your profile is inaccurate) or discussed in early messages by better screening of applicants?

Why would you meet someone who is weird or ugly, only to turn them down after a meeting? That makes no sense.

I think you should keep trying but you should learn from your experience and make better choices.

• Like 3

I think you should keep trying but you should learn from your experience and make better choices.

Exactly this.

Think quality not quantity.

• Like 2

Your standards might be a little too high if you're rejecting the ones that did have an interest in you. At your age, a lot of women are able to "date up" when it comes to online dating. I'm not saying you should settle for the next guy that has an interest in you, but you might want to try asking the people that reject you, why they rejected you. You might not get an honest answer but it may still help. Who knows.

I'm a 26 year old female, I'm on a few different sites, and I've been out with about 50 guys, I've never had a bf, and only casually dated 1. Most of these guys didn't like me, and a few did, but they were weird, or ugly. Should I keep trying?

What constitutes weird? What constitutes ugly, assuming you've already seen pic's?

Sorry but I have to be blunt....dating a bunch of guys isn't your answer. You need to figure out WHY you were never able to have a relationship, and at 26 you only had one casual dater to speak of. These guys are rejecting you for a reason...you fix that and you will have better results. Can't be anything wrong with the way you look or you would never get a date at all.

• Like 3

the classic definition of insanity is doing the same things over & over but expecting different results.

50 sounds like a huge #. But as others have offered, many have gone on more.

You say many of the guys didn't like you. How do you know this? Do you have an understanding of why they didn't like you? If it was all for the same reason, perhaps that is worth looking at.

Do you see any other patterns in your OL dating? If you see a pattern, can that pattern be changed?

One of my friends realized she was attracted to jerks. So when she walked into a room & saw a man who made her swoon, she made a point to talk to his BFF, standing next to her. As soon as she started doing that she met the man she eventually married.

Since OLD isn't getting you the results you want, have you considered changing your profile? What other methods are you employing to meet people? Perhaps try some Meet-Up groups or other in person actions.

• Like 3

Did you like any of them? It sounds like you didn't. Figure out why you liked some more than others and try to go out with people who have the characteristics that you like in the future.

• Author

Well I didn't know they were weird until we went on the dates.

And the pattern is that we talk online, then the phone, they seem to really like me, until we go on the date, and they never want to see me again. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I may be a little boring or seem a little nervous, but other than that I just don't know.

And the pattern is that we talk online, then the phone, they seem to really like me, until we go on the date, and they never want to see me again. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I may be a little boring or seem a little nervous, but other than that I just don't know.

That is not the pattern I am talking about. I'm asking if they share character traits or other commonalities.

I recognized a pattern in my early dating. The initial interactions would be aggressive -- a lot of sarcastic banter & they would all be alpha males. Then I would wonder why they weren't sensitive to my feelings. Well, gee . . . they were tough guys.

So I adjusted my behavior to be less competitive in the beginning. I took a softer approach & tried not to be so bombastic up front. When I did that I met better guys.

• Like 1
Eternal Sunshine

I currently feel extremely burnt out by dating so I am taking a month off.

I would rather take a lifetime off to be honest but I know I will just end up never meeting anyone.

• Like 1
Well, I see what ur saying but they tend to be all different types of guys, so I'm not sure.

You are not doing anything wrong.

Finding someone is not meant to be easy.

Maybe he's the 51st you'll meet, maybe he's the 200th you'll meet, but he is in there somewhere. If you keep knocking at doors one will eventually open.

Remain yourself and someone will love you just the way you are.

It's a lot of disappointment, I have been there, but having gone through a lot of disappointments will make you appreciate him even more when he shows up.

• Like 1

Would highly recommend any woman to watch this video:

Guys could get something out of it as well. Will make many rethink OLD