Red Flags?

Reitteg813

This girl regularly and very proudly talks about how "sassy" she is and has called herself a b**ch. The majority of girls which do seem classier and just more mature than this girl at this point, would take those as insults I'm sure. But she proudly proclaims them. Thinking I might be dealing with a bat sht crazy woman with an attitude that hasn't shown her completely true self yet and down the road I'll find out she's just not for me.

• Author
So why are you dating her, assuming you are?

well shes new. So hasn't been very long, but these didnt' come up until recently. She seems to be starting to show more of her true self. But thats why I am asking. Not whether or not I should keep seeing her. But how she proudly claims these things. Never been with a girl who proclaimed she was so sassy and a btch

• Author
Crazy's are good in the sack ;)

Shouldn't have said crazy. More just that she might have a crappy attitude and bad personality and be annoying to deal with since she's a proclaimed sassy btch.

Well it all depends on whether she is saying this because it is true, or she feels men tend to like "bitches", or it is her idea of a "joke",

If her actions show she is a "bitch", then stay well clear, unless you have masochistic tendencies and would like your heart shredded.

Michelle ma Belle

It's one thing to call yourself sassy and another thing to own the word b*tch. One can be fun and lighthearted but the other can spell trouble.

Tread carefully.

• Like 1

One of the classic regrets that I have heard people talk about in dating is: "He told me that he was X, I wish I had believed him.", I would let that sink in for a bit.

For some reason there are a lot of women that associate being difficult or abrasive as a sign of strength. This would have about as much appeal to me as a woman that explains her being single as because people are intimidated by her. It shows a lack of empathy or introspection or at the very least, an unwillingness to own up to behavior without rationalizing it.

• Author
Well it all depends on whether she is saying this because it is true, or she feels men tend to like "bitches", or it is her idea of a "joke",

If her actions show she is a "bitch", then stay well clear, unless you have masochistic tendencies and would like your heart shredded.

Still kinda early, so hard to tell, but she seems pretty emotionally closed off and bland, but that might just be because she doesn't feel comfortable opening up to people. But we have gone on 3 dates....

It's one thing to call yourself sassy and another thing to own the word b*tch. One can be fun and lighthearted but the other can spell trouble.

Tread carefully.

True...she owns both lol.

One of the classic regrets that I have heard people talk about in dating is: "He told me that he was X, I wish I had believed him.", I would let that sink in for a bit.

For some reason there are a lot of women that associate being difficult or abrasive as a sign of strength. This would have about as much appeal to me as a woman that explains her being single as because people are intimidated by her. It shows a lack of empathy or introspection or at the very least, an unwillingness to own up to behavior without rationalizing it.

Good point. I've heard that too.

Glad I'm not the only one who would consider these things to watch out for. Never been with a girl her called herself a btch and sassy so I wasn't sure how I should take that, but the girls I do know take that as an insult

I have a lot of doubts toward people that self-proclaim anything.

People that constantly self-proclaim being honest often aren't they're just trying to convince you they are.

Same with people self-proclaming they're not cheaters. Interesting they often end up cheating.

So I would put this girl in the same category. A self-proclaim B would be a woman full of insecurities, unsure of herself, worried, and is putting up this front of being B. If you watch her I am sure you'll see she is really not one.

• Author
I have a lot of doubts toward people that self-proclaim anything.

People that constantly self-proclaim being honest often aren't they're just trying to convince you they are.

Same with people self-proclaming they're not cheaters. Interesting they often end up cheating.

So I would put this girl in the same category. A self-proclaim B would be a woman full of insecurities, unsure of herself, worried, and is putting up this front of being B. If you watch her I am sure you'll see she is really not one.

I could see it going either way, I think it depends what they're claiming, but I definitely know what you mean.