Would you tell significant other they were subject of gossip?

norudder

If you had met at work but after they left you heard some negative things. Nothing too bad just some snarkiness about some habits others maybe found annoying or misperceptions of work ethic. Would you let them know you stood up for them (coworkers don't know of relationship) or just leave it be?

I wouldn't have the heart to tell them they were being gossiped about but I would stand up to the gossipers and defend them.

• Like 1
JustGettingBy

It depends on context. I its people who she doesn't communicate with or see, I'd probably let it go. If its people she sees often, its probably best to give her a heads up.

Nah!

Leave it be.

There will always be work gossip, especially when someone has left.

No one works to be popular or be liked.

Work pays the bills and can be something people are passionate about.

If you had met at work but after they left you heard some negative things. Nothing too bad just some snarkiness about some habits others maybe found annoying or misperceptions of work ethic. Would you let them know you stood up for them (coworkers don't know of relationship) or just leave it be?

Let it go. Gossip is always malicious and absolutely no good ever comes of knowing about it. Why would your partner care if a bunch of coworkers he no longer has to deal with likes him or not? It says everything about their character and nothing about him.

While you might want the kudos' of being his champion, honestly all he's going to focus on is the gossip and he won't thank you for introducing that negative topic into your relationship.