Is dating an Asian Male not "cool"? whats the concensus?

boredashell

So i was talking with a few friends about this and we were looking on the internet just to see what other ppl thought about this. We so happened to stumble along this little web community and decided to see what the the deal was. Ok, so here are the given me and my friends we are all asian and we were talking about dating and all and it seems that dating an asian male is not the "cool" thing to do. Even a lot of asian women won't date asian men, and i know that i rarely EVER see a white/hispanic or black woman dating an asian male. I think i can actually count how many white women i've seen dating an asian man (and its definitely not over 5), i've seen maybe 1 or 2 hispanic women with an asian male and to be quite honest i've never seen a black (african-american, i want to be politcally correct here) woman with an asian male. And its not that i'm super young to have never seen more ppl dating i mean im 22 yrs old, not to think im old but i think i've seen my share of ppl dating. I grew up in a large liberal city here in California but even here i haven't seen it. And what got me even more was that when you see a half white, half asian person the father is always white and mom is always asian, it's never the other way around. Even when i was in college white's would stick to white, black or latino men but never asian males, and white,black, latino men dating asian women, I really think us asian men got the sh*t end of the stick in the dating game :( . I myself have never dated anyone non asian, to be honest i don't think i'm incredibly bad looking person, im 6 ft tall which is pretty tall not just for an asian i think, 170 pounds, played quarterback in HS football and was on the wrestling team. I don't have a fetish for any race it's just that it seems like the asian male are getting screwed in the dating department, i dont know why more women outside of asian females want to date us? besides that whole penis thing, that's SO not true, cuz every race has their big guys and little guys. I hate to be the black guy that has a small penis HAHA j/k that was a total joke! Sorry for making this post long as hell. but please do comment! =D i would love to know wat everyone thinks!

well BOREDASHELL, i am asian-indian and i've dated women of all backgrounds. no problem here.

when u say asian do you mean oriental, like korean or japanese or chinese?

i'm a chinese guy too not as tall as u 5 7 145. u now why b/c most asian guys the ones i now and my asian guy freinds are just flirts and would flirt with any girl in sight.smiling ,complimenting, and kinda like the playa type but not sure they are gettin the sexual part of it.

ya now what i proably could get a AF or WF or any female if i wanted but the thing is no car, no job , and harldy any money io don;t ask em out, its just a matter of time.just play the game. i haven;t dated any gal so i can;t say but i think i can if i wanted to. i'm freindly, social and nice. and i flirt too

There's always going to be garbage on why not to date latinos, blacks, asians, whites, jews, buddhists, Southeners, country people, city people, etc. and anyone with half a brain will laugh at the words with foundations built on nothingness. Where was this article, Cosmo?

I will admit SOME stereotypes have truth based on cultural differences but so many people fall out of that generalization that you shouldn't dismiss someone based on a certain group they come from. I dated a latino and I was way to aggressive for him to put up with. Though I am sure somewhere is a Latino man who would enjoy my drive and intensity, many do enjoy submissive women as the stereotype gives. I think Asians too tend to steer away from women who dominating, which I can come across as without intentions. But I have also dated Asians, like I said because my statements are huge generalizations. (I am quite tall so not many latino men or Asians my height though!) I have found though the Asian men I dated tended to be traditional, great at courting the old fashioned way which I love, quite intelligent and respectful toward women. I can't say there were any real cultural turn offs.

savethedrama4allama

I'm a cracker and I'd date an Asian dude, no prob. An Asian dude has never asked me out, except one who wanted me to be his mistress, which I declined for reasons other than his ethnicity. :confused:

Originally posted by savethedrama4yrmama

I'm a cracker and I'd date an Asian dude, no prob. An Asian dude has never asked me out, :confused:

Ditto, well unless you count the one guy I dated he was "indian" (from India)Not sure if that's considered "asian" (I know I'm not PC)... :confused:

That's hilarious. I had a totally hot man whose still married but unhappy who asked me the same thing 2 weeks ago. Girl, we are too cool to be a mistress.

savethedrama4allama
Originally posted by Groovy

That's hilarious. I had a totally hot man whose still married but unhappy who asked me the same thing 2 weeks ago. Girl, we are too cool to be a mistress.

Amen! We deserve a lot more than leftovers

Originally posted by Barby

Not sure if that's considered "asian" (I know I'm not PC)... :confused:

it's considered asian even tho asian-indians are genetically caucasian.

Originally posted by alphamale

it's considered asian even tho asian-indians are genetically caucasian.

Thanks I wasn't sure. :)

maybe asian men are generally all pricks? or maybe asian men are pickier?

not that i am saying i agree to any of that, but i would think it was something personal instead of racial.

Originally posted by tattoomytoe

not that i am saying i agree to any of that, but i would think it was something personal instead of racial.

no, it is racial mostly TMT. many women (of all races) don't want mixed-race babies.

no, it is racial mostly TMT. many women (of all races) don't want mixed-race babies.

:confused::rolleyes::confused: Wow I haven't known this to be true in my area...but of course I can only speak from experience...

My thoughts from what TMT said...I've always heard the "stereotype" that asian men ONLY want waif thin girls (since most asian women are so tiny) that only those are the type of women they seek?! (so being more picky could be the reason)???

Again this is just a typical "stereotypical" thing I've heard! :confused:

i really suck at making rice..... i guess that and me being 5'8 knocks me outta contention.

Lol, craziness on this post. Hope it was a joke at the speculation all Asian men are pricks. I don't think rice is important enough. They have Uncle Ben's 10 minute boil in a bag that works great. I can say I have seen a pic of Alphamale and he's cute and though sometimes bitter seems like a cool dude to consider a date . I could care less if my baby looked like me. Two of my brothers are adopted, one asian, one black. I'd love to adopt regardless of what they share in my own appearance. DNA does not make a baby, love does! ;)

Originally posted by Barby

My thoughts from what TMT said...I've always heard the "stereotype" that asian men ONLY want waif thin girls (since most asian women are so tiny) that only those are the type of women they seek?! (so being more picky could be the reason)???

Again this is just a typical "stereotypical" thing I've heard! :confused:

No this is wrong. Many people SAY they will date outside of their race just to be nice or politically correct or to not offend but in reality when faced with it very few actually do.

No this is wrong. Many people SAY they will date outside of their race just to be nice or politically correct or to not offend but in reality when faced with it very few actually do.

Wow well call me one of the 2% or whatever then...I'm all about dating men not of my race (usually hispanic :love: But I've seen me some yummy asian guys :love: as well) :p:p

Hahaha! Sorry I'm all off topic! Sorry guys!

savethedrama4allama

One of the reasons I divorced my ex is because he only wanted to have children the natural way- he would not consider adopting a child, and adopting a child of another race was so out of the question that it was a joke to him.

I can't be with someone like that! Of course he hid it from me until we were already married.

well of the asian guys i have dated (3-4?) they were the ones that never called me back, or made efforts or actions to warrant interest.

I have dated black men, hispanic, red neck, middle eastern men, ecudorian men, old guys, younger guys..... They are all Very MUch the Same in "Male Terms".

the big differences were in amount of respect and attention that they showed.... and How the acted..... Mainly Personality Charateristics.

AND the original poster said dating asian men,........ Not procreating with them.

Originally posted by tattoomytoe

AND the original poster said dating asian men,........ Not procreating with them.

yes but the two are tied TMT. for a woman who wants pure-bred kids there is no possibility of procreating with someone outside her race, ergo there is no possiblity of dating

yes but the two are tied TMT. for a woman who wants pure-bred kids there is no possibility of procreating with someone outside her race, ergo there is no possiblity of dating

agreed. but when i first date someone... i am not thinking i will get a proposal or even want to have babies with person, i am just looking to have fun.

maybe you are thinking biologically driven WASP's...... but there are many many new multiracial babies made outta wed lock, from teens, from interacial couples. i can only think you are pulling numbers outta your arse.

I think think that either of the above could be the culprit, BUT that depends on who you talk to. You have some that are more superficial and get caught up in the lastest 'now' or trendy thing. Their attitudes will usually be based on some media representation of what is Hot or Not.. Then there are others or who use there own judgements and form their preferences on their own feelings, likes and dislikes. It's all relative.

Personally, I have always found Asian Men highly desirable and this is coming from a Black Woman. Believe me when I say that I am not alone in my sentiments. However, an AM has never asked me out-until recently that is ;)

One thing that I will add is that I have heard this question posed on MANY sites. The one thing that I add is that if a woman does not know that you are 'accessible' or open to IR dating then she probably won't give you the go sign. Be confident, b/c that alone will grant you the greatest yield, and make your approach. Confidence speaks volumes! :) With that, if there is a negative shroud over IR dating w/ an AM, then you will most certainly lift it and change the minds of many with a singular act.

Good Luck,

Hello peeps

Im an white auzzie guy and my G'f is asian, and i have looked into the interracial dating issue quite a bit over the last 1-2 years or so, and yes their is a difference in the ratio of asian gals hooking up interracially than the guys, as to why it is happening i can only field a few educated guesses and pointers.

Its been said before but i believe asian guys get a bad rep, from movies, popular culture and poorly explained historical refrences, this doesnt do wonders for their overall cultural image.

i believe asian guys are subject to more family and social pressures to date/marry/stay within the racial bounds, than the girls. and i quote my friend of 7 years " its just easier to date asian girls" he is a HongKong Guy...

this is a generalisation but ill put it out anyway, in my expirience with asians (which might i add is not small) i have found that communication is a big problem, asian girls, HK,china,korea,Tai the ones that ive met or know through friends are much bigger communicators than the guys, their willing to chat however non ABA guys (australian born asian) are much less likely to engage in conversation outside of their own little buddy groups, this DOESNT mean buy any stretch that the guys are somehow inadequate, its just some kind of social restraint which i cant figure out 100%.

as to why the asian guys are getting left out in the cold in the dating game, i believe in a non agressive or insulting way, that some of them need to pull their socks up and get out there fight the negative image with charm,wit, intelligence and blow the sterotypes away,

i may be wildy innaccurate but its a post never the less.

later