Met someone

Omei

So a lot of you know my story it has been just over three years now ive been single. It was a really hard journey to get over my ex.

Just wanted to let you guys know for the last 10mo. ive been talking to this guy I met him on Facebook through a mutual friend the friend that we share we used to play with her as kids me when she was in the city and him when she went to the lake, small world huh?

Anyway this guy has never stopped chasing me never at the beginning I made ot really clear I was still struggling with anger and sadness at times over my ex and I couldn't promise anything. So I took a break around Oct I didnt want him to waste his time on me because he was still hoping.

He would reach out on birthday I ignored, then again on Christmas I returned the msg and then again on new years and I let him in again as a friend.

This guy he lives out of town a few hours from me, hes a fishermen he spends 8-14 hours fishing on a boat or in the winter ice with other guys, professional fishing. So he is only in the city every few months.

He has been an amazing friend , there has been options for us to meet but his feelings have always been so strong for me I freaked out twice and pushed him away lol twice and never met him I just wasnt there, ready nor did I have any of the feelings he did.

Anyway in this last month hes still chasing hes never pressured me into seeing him, never but he def has always made it very clear that im the one he wants to date when im ready to give him the chance and somewhere in this last month the idea has really appealed to me, ive started returning his feelings because I find im feeling them. At first I never thought he was even attractive but im finding him more attractive each day now I feel a flutter in my heart and I find im not telling him to back away this time around his dedication to want to know me more than a friend is admirable. He is a really great guy we Skype he is close to family, we have the same views on relationships etc. We have talked about everything under the moon and sun.

Anyway I think its time im ready and he is still there waiting for me lol I tell him hes crazy I myself wouldnt have waited have that long he tells me the right girl is worth the wait <3 is that not sweet? Anyway in two weeks he will come to down and this time I know im not gonna push away im ready and im excited to meet the man who's been a good friend to me for the last 10 months. Lol

He tells me hes gonna pull out all the stops haha

Im excited guys. I really feel something inside and I thought it was dead.

Edited by Omei
  • Like 3

Great story! Look forward to hearing how your meeting will go.

The only "issue" with this friends-to-dating approach is that sometimes is difficult to start seeing the person in romantic light... But it seems like you've build a good ground to make that jump.

• Author
Great story! Look forward to hearing how your meeting will go.

The only "issue" with this friends-to-dating approach is that sometimes is difficult to start seeing the person in romantic light... But it seems like you've build a good ground to make that jump.

Yeah well I never promised anything I just agreed to go on some dates we will see how it gos!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

My feelings have near faded

He has made too many promises to come see me but then he can't he lives an hour away and always need to wait for a ride into town

If he really wanted me as badly as he claims by now I feel he would have

I grow irritated and weary of our pen pal status I told him this last time I'll prob tell him again and back off like I did before half of that was because I wasn't ready the other half was cuz I'm sick of waiting.

My feelings have near faded

He has made too many promises to come see me but then he can't he lives an hour away and always need to wait for a ride into town

If he really wanted me as badly as he claims by now I feel he would have

I grow irritated and weary of our pen pal status I told him this last time I'll prob tell him again and back off like I did before half of that was because I wasn't ready the other half was cuz I'm sick of waiting.

a ride into town -- Where does he live? In the back woods of Alaska or something?

Beyond that, he doesn't have a car? What's up with that?

My guess is this guy never really wanted anything anyway. He reached out for entertainment/connection, was bored, whatever. Sorry to say he probably only wanted a pen pal anyway.

• Author
a ride into town -- Where does he live? In the back woods of Alaska or something?

Beyond that, he doesn't have a car? What's up with that?

My guess is this guy never really wanted anything anyway. He reached out for entertainment/connection, was bored, whatever. Sorry to say he probably only wanted a pen pal anyway.

Up north I'm sure he really wanted something just didn't wanna make the extra efforts to get it and I certainly am not embarking on yet another relationship where I do all the work all he had to do was come see me and I would of dated him.

Anyway when I told him I was gonna move on he called me a gold digger saying I prob wanted someone to take care of me

Well I've never had a man so much as be even remotely close to my equal financially and I'm minimum wage.