Not sure if we're meeting tonight, ask or leave it?

fmfan08

I spoke to this girl on a dating app and got her number, but I arranged a time to meet, place and day and she replied at 7am on Friday saying "Haha!! Hmmmm! Depends is that 8 in the morning or evening??? Haha! Think they'll only being cat there!"

I replied at 9pm that night (phone off due to working all day) and I said "8 in the evening! I'm working Sunday morning, unless you'd like to help me escape from there.."

I've had no reply and its Sunday afternoon. Do I ask if we're on tonight or do I just leave it altogether? I don't want to look too eager, as it's never helped me in the past. I'd assume if she was that interested she'd be enquiring about the arrangements.

Tough call and I've been there many times. You have to weigh up which you'll feel worse about, seeming over eager or not asking her. It's not like you've bombarded her with texts, so I'd just ask politely if you're still on for tonight. If there's no reply then leave it at that, at least you asked. If the reply is that she's busy then you can leave it to her for next time. There's no real rules for this game, as everyone reacts differently. Just do what you feel is right at the time.

You have to decide between:

• Sending a text/making a call
  • Not going and maybe standing her up
  • Going and maybe being stood up

Of those, I think a quick text confirming your plans would be a good idea and certainly can't hurt; most women would appreciate the follow up.

• Like 1

The unless you want to help me escape from here was a bit confusing. When i read it i didn't know what you wanted.

You still meant Sunday evening? Can you call her?

Just send a message that says, I'll see you at blah, blah, blah tonight! (And end with some inside joke). If she doesn't respond, then make other plans.

• Author

I ended up asking earlier if we were still on for 8 o'clock tonight, but no response.

Deleted her number and focusing on meeting other girls. Shame as we seemed to click over text, but then again might not have worked. At least I didn't waste my time.

• Like 1
Shame as we seemed to click over text, but then again might not have worked. At least I didn't waste my time.

LOL. How do you 'click' over text? That's about as silly and impersonal as it gets.

Next time, talk like human beings on the phone and make an ACTUAL connection. Letters on a screen means nothing.

LOL. How do you 'click' over text? That's about as silly and impersonal as it gets.

Next time, talk like human beings on the phone and make an ACTUAL connection. Letters on a screen means nothing.

hmm "letters on a screen mean nothing"?

Edited by Jame22