Im i wrong to get upset?

towch

So my girlfriend and had a great night with all kinds of sex and wrapping up with a long conversation about space (she thought we live inside the earth lol).

Anyways we are kinda awake this morning around 7am. She had a dream that night that i cheated. She asks me if i have even thought of cheating, i replied calmly that i have not had any ideas of cheating on her.

She presses the issue asking "she you havent even had just an iche like very little ideas of cheating?". I tell her that ive got work in a few and i would like to catch what little sleep i can before then.

She follows up again saying...i paraphrase "you know dreams tends to preview the future."

Now im pissed. I mean its one thing if i have done something to make her feel this way but there has been no such thing. I dont converse with any girl, no girl calls me nothing. I go to work i come home, if im not at work she is with me 24/7.

I am missed because this makes me feel like she does not trust me at all and for no good reason. People have dreams like that, i have before but its not that serious for her to say such things to me.

What do you guys thing.

You being upset is an emotion. Emotions are neither right nor wrong.

She's not the sharpest crayon in the box if she didn't understand we live on the earth not in it and you had to explain space to her. Now you know she believes dreams. So given her intellectual challenges how productive do you really think it is to argue with her? Logic isn't going to win the day with her.

Perhaps her dream was foreshadowing her subconscious desire to cheat on you. Try getting her to explain that but stop being mad at her for the way she thinks; thinking is not her strong suit.

• Like 3
So my girlfriend and had a great night with all kinds of sex and wrapping up with a long conversation about space (she thought we live inside the earth lol).

Anyways we are kinda awake this morning around 7am. She had a dream that night that i cheated. She asks me if i have even thought of cheating, i replied calmly that i have not had any ideas of cheating on her.

She presses the issue asking "she you havent even had just an iche like very little ideas of cheating?". I tell her that ive got work in a few and i would like to catch what little sleep i can before then.

She follows up again saying...i paraphrase "you know dreams tends to preview the future."

Now im pissed. I mean its one thing if i have done something to make her feel this way but there has been no such thing. I dont converse with any girl, no girl calls me nothing. I go to work i come home, if im not at work she is with me 24/7.

I am missed because this makes me feel like she does not trust me at all and for no good reason. People have dreams like that, i have before but its not that serious for her to say such things to me.

What do you guys thing.

No, your dreams to not preview your future. Your dreams are for working out some issues in some aspect of your consciousness through your unconscious self. It says more about her than it does about you.

I think that she is way out of line saying this to you. She has already decided that because of something in her subconscious that you have nothing to do with, she's determined that you are a cheater and that is wrong and offensive in so many ways. You are right--she doesn't trust you and if that is the case, then why is she with someone she can't trust. This all goes back to her.

You can't reassure someone who has made up their minds to think a certain way about something/someone. You can talk yourself blue in the face, but if she's determined to be right and believe that you will cheat, then there aren't enough assurances in the world to stem that tide. Might as well save yourself months and months of unnecessary BS and set her adrift to find someone she hasn't already determined is cheating on her.

• Like 1

Oh jeez man I feel your pain. I've been victim to the day after "i had a dream where you cheated on me last night" discussion with gf's soooo many times in the past. It's ridiculous. You can't take it personally. It's not something you did that made her have the dream or something she's worried about. If anything she loves you and it's just a fear of losing you that manifests this way in her dreams now and then.

Truthfully I've had dreams like this a handful of times in my life too and they feel so real you actually wake up and feel pissed off at your significant other even though you know that it was a dream. That's just the weirdness of how real the emotion can feel and resonate. Just make sure you brush it off as nothing serious so that she realizes it was just a dream and nothing real. If you make it a big deal then she's gonna think there's more behind it and you def don't want that.

• Like 1

Like Qboro, I've had dreams like this where my anger upon waking is palpable. I would *laughingly* tell my SO about it and explain where my bad mood was coming from; eventually, throughout that day, the anger would subside.

According to this dream interpretation site, this type of dream is indicative a one of a few things:

Dream Moods: Common Dreams: Cheating

According to their conclusion, "Even though dreams about cheating are hardly about actual cheating, it is still important to address the emotions that brought about the cheating dream. Feelings of neglect, insecurity and mistrust are things that should be confronted and discussed in any personal relationship in order for the partnership to grow. It is time [for her] to let [her] guard down and open a dialogue with [you]..."

As someone else suggested, she doesn't appear to be someone who operates in the world of intellectualism and logic...so trying to reason with her and talk her out of it, isn't going to work. Giving her a *safe place* to open up and discuss with you what's really going on inside her (insecurity? abandonment issues? etc.?) will probably help.

Of course, you read as if you're someone who would rather poke his eyes out with rusty BBQ skewers than initiate and/or conduct an emotional discussion, so...

...best of luck to you, OP!