Hanging out?

gotmeafish

Hi there, I'm trying to figure this out and it has me annoyed. I'm 38, divorced and have been dating off and on for about 6 months.

I went on one date with a man which was ok, and I would be willing to go out on a second to see where it goes.

He keeps texting and texting saying "hi beautiful" or "I want to to see you again" "I'd love to see where this goes"etc. yet when I responded back with a yes and to let me know what he'd like to do (this is a second date) he alludes to "hanging out" and what does this mean? The past few times the men only wanted sex when referring to hanging out, and for a second date to not make plans but continue to text me 3x times a days for a 2 weeks without asking me to do something is weird now.

I'm not interested in "hanging out" in someones couch as a second date. I barely know him. Anyone else have this issue?

OLD just gives these guys more access to getting sex, that's why the numbers are huge. It's no different than going to a bar. The majority are just trying to score. Dating hasn't changed much really.

You just have to dump the chumps and keep looking.

'Hanging out' is very likely to mean sexy-time. Unless he's 13, then he means going to the skate park with his friends.

• Like 2

"Next" him.

Expect to "next" a lot of guys after the first date. Have no attachment to anyone until you've gone on many dates and he has proven himself to be worth an ounce of investment.

he alludes to "hanging out" and what does this mean? The past few times the men only wanted sex when referring to hanging out, and for a second date to not make plans but continue to text me 3x times a days for a 2 weeks without asking me to do something is weird now.

You can assume he just wants sex, or you can ask him. "What? You mean go hang out on the corner by the liquor store?" Put him on the hot seat.

Versacehottie

I think some guys use that term to dial things down and not seem so formal or update. I definitely know good and serious about the girls they are proposing "hanging out" with guys who say that. They are just trying to sound cool and breezy. That said, it can also be used by guys who mean to put no effort in and truly mean: come over, netflix and chill and have sex with me. All you have to do is set your boundaries. Like in your head assume "hanging out" means a DATE to do something outside the home and then only accept those invitations. If they say let's chill at your place/my place, just laugh like he's ridiculous and must be joking. Redirect. You have power in this situation too.

And yeah the texting without following thru on the date is boring. I would just cut the texting or convo short and say yeah we have to catch up over dinner or something soon; gotta run off to xyz but talk to you soon and let's set that up. Or something along those lines. Basically force the issue so you are not a placeholder or on the back burner while he is doing whatever else.

It's very simple though, if you don't want a guy to put no effort and just "hang" out with you at his place---don't accept those offers! Honestly a guy who does want to date you will respect you more for it and a guy who is just looking for sex or something easy will disappear and you've saved yourself a lot of time and a big headache. Set your parameters. Good luck!