Is it rude to tell a woman shes hot?

Midwest guy

Is it still considered rude if there is a girl you like and you tell them you think they are hot looking? I know it sounds cheesy but if I did that could I expect a smack on the face?

If your walking and you tell a girl she's hot, yes (you might even get peppered sprayed) but if your in a Bentley Arnage?????

Never tell a girl she is hott. She will think you after something else..lol

Just be cool ..and nice..be smooth..

Context is everything. If you're already talking to her in a social setting, and she appears unattached, I think it's usually fine to say, "You know, you're really quite attractive!" But "hot" is a dangerous term to use on someone you don't know well.

Originally posted by Midwest guy

Is it still considered rude if there is a girl you like and you tell them you think they are hot looking? I know it sounds cheesy but if I did that could I expect a smack on the face?

95% of men that approach an attractive woman are going to comment on the way she looks. she already knows she is HOT.

better to compliment her on something esle such as her gucci handbag or her mercedes 500SL or her earrings. Or you can say "you have beautiful eyes" etc...

with a good looking chick-a-dee the less you comment about her looks the better. try to compliment her brain even if she is stupider than a brick.

better to compliment her on something esle such as her gucci handbag or her mercedes 500SL or her earrings. Or you can say "you have beautiful eyes" etc...

trying this....

Very-Confused-Girl... You have beautiful eyes.... and teeth, and hair... was that subtle? :love:

very-confused-girl
Originally posted by DinNJ

Very-Confused-Girl... You have beautiful eyes.... and teeth, and hair... was that subtle? :love:

Thank you ;) Yes, it is subtle, beautiful and this kind of compliment would not insault any woman. I guess Midwest guy is from America and American girls are a bit different. I wouldnt get insaulted by being labeled to be "hot" but thats maybe because of my culture.

American girls might really feel more flattered if a guy pointed more to something like inteligence etc...

I try not to use the word Hot when describing woman. I even use beautiful if I have to point out a woman to my male buddies.

I wouldn't consider it rude... then again I don't get called 'hot' that often. I'm more apt to be embarrased about it but... slap you? oh no no. Hug you, kiss you, ravish you, yes.

You're welcome.... :)

American girls might really feel more flattered if a guy pointed more to something like inteligence etc...

It's not that Amercian girls would feel flattered.... Alpha is saying ...Don't be like every other guy out there by saying "You're hot"

In this case, a HOT american girl's head would swell... cause they already know they're hot. Basically, he's saying.... maker her head spin, not swell, but complimenting her on something other then her looks, cause that's what she's use to.

ps.... where ya from?

Originally posted by CurvyGurl

... then again I don't get called 'hot' that often.

yes i would think not CURVYGURL cause you look like one of those heart shaped candies for valentines, are u the white one in the middle? :p

no jes kidding :D

very-confused-girl

You're welcome.... :)

It's not that Amercian girls would feel flattered.... Alpha is saying ...Don't be like every other guy out there by saying "You're hot"

In this case, a HOT american girl's head would swell... cause they already know they're hot. Basically, he's saying.... maker her head spin, not swell, but complimenting her on something other then her looks, cause that's what she's use to.

Ok, whatever, but I guess many guys got it that they must start complimenting girls differently from saying just they are hot, but it slightly went to the other extreme and I guess girls are slowly getting bored of it - of this not-to-the-point-trying to be subtle-compliments. I appreciate honesty and rightness.

ps.... where ya from?

I am from small country in the heart of Europe - Czech republic.

Shaddup alphamale :p Can you see the funny messages on the candies? They are in honor of Valentine's day

adam from work put his hand on my ass on friday.

now that deserved a slap.

but if a guy called me hot i'd be flattered.

Originally posted by bluetuesday

adam from work put his hand on my ass on friday.

now that deserved a slap.

but if a guy called me hot i'd be flattered.

Am having a hard time trying to figure out if I'd have a problem with that.

Thinking................thinking...........well..........hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Well, since all of the men where I work are attached, then, yes that would be a problem. Conversely, that would be the most action I've seen in a while.

Originally posted by CurvyGurl

Conversely, that would be the most action I've seen in a while.

yeah, me too. sadly.

although it almost cross the line from inappropriate sexual touching to a full scale medical exploration. the dirty bugga.

no, i don't have a prostate. get outa there!! :laugh:

Originally posted by bluetuesday

no, i don't have a prostate. get outa there!! :laugh:

LAUGHING WILDLY!!

I like being told I am beautiful, by strangers this is fine. "Hot" has a sexual component I may not be comfortable with. It's sort of like saying nice cleavage, nice a$$, or having a trucker scream yahoo riding down the street. Although I am sure being sexually appealing is good, just let her know in a subtle way. If not it makes me feel like a piece of meat and not a person. Being told I am beautiful though will make me smile any day! ;)

I guess it depends on how gross he is being while he is offering the compliment. If he's just passing by with a wink and a smile and says 'you- so hot' and keeps walking.... he's the subject of a fantasy later.

If he's staring me up and down and all up on me and undressing me with his eyes and I can't take MY eyes off of his teeth or lackthereof... GROSS.

It's all in context. But in general, I don't mind.

• Author

Like the girl I like at work I told her I like her personality and I told her shes cute. She liked it when I told her shes cute and smiled and blushed.