Girlfriend distant and cold, how should I go about this?

GarrusD

I recently started dating this girl, anyways the past couple of days she's been ignoring me and only giving me one-word responses if any at all, seems aggravated with me too, and im just making the assumption that its her time of month because of how she's acting, like a light switch has been flicked, on Christmas eve she seemed a little off, but I met her family, surprised her with flowers, and everything was going great, kissed her goodnight and she said she loves me and the very next day it seems like she's irritated with me, so currently I'm just leaving her alone, my question is this usual behavior? And how should I go about it? I was thinking about sending her a good morning message considering I haven't spoken to her the past 2 days. One of the reasons I think she's on her period is because we had a date the other night and she canceled because she didn't feel well, but was really blunt about it and I asked how she was feeling, i. e. nausea or anxiety (She has a history of bad anxiety, due to previous ex) usually I'm the type of guy that would stop by and comfort her and she clearly didn't want that by how snappy she was being.

I texted her good morning today and to nobody's great surprise she never replied

My ex got cold and distant and I thought giving her more attention would help matters but it actually made it worse and we broke up. Best thing to do is give her space and let her miss you, people want what they can't have and if she's already feeling cold towards you the last thing she needs is you constantly texting her and wanting to see her etc.

Bit strange that she's not replying at all I must admit, perhaps she's already reached the point of no return. People are busy yeah but it takes 30 seconds if that to reply to a message