'If all goes to plan will you lean in?'

Yummm

Hey guys.

So i'm going on a date this week with a girl I've been speaking to from OLD for about a week. We get along on the phone really well, we've even been on skype and everything seems nice.

Suddenly she drops me a bombshell tonight asking me: 'If all goes to plan on our date will you lean in?' - i'm sorry, who asks this sort of question? She's in her mid twenties..

Everything seemed great and I was looking forward to the date but for some reason that question really threw me off - does she have a whole fantasy built up in her head in just a week of speaking to me before we meet? What plan, I just want to meet up with her and see if we click in person!

Thoughts please :eek:

What on earth does that even mean???

That's what that whole 'sharing a moment' joke is about. Usually guys will joke about some type of bonding that culminated in a gay encounter where someone "leaned in close" after the bonding moment was shared. :p

"Steve said 'Don't worry John, you'll bounce back.' I said 'thanks bro, you've always been a bro.' Our eyes met. Steve smiled. I leaned in close ...."

yuk-yuk-yuk :laugh:

• Like 2

I didn't think she meant kissing, personally. I thought she was making a Sandberg reference.

• Author

A kiss :laugh: (which I did go for after the first date haha)

I just saw it as a little turn off and immature but it's fine. She's lovely and we are going on a third date this week!

• Like 2

Well, I think it's cute and lovely, not immature at all.

I recently went on ~10 dates with a man and didn't even get a kiss; in fact, when I hinted that we should kiss, he never even contacted me again! So, I might ask in the future, or just go for it myself.

She's flirting mate. She wants to know if you're gonna plant one on her. Just tease her right back. That's the sexual waltz people tend to play before/during dating. Definitely a good sign.

Well, I think it's cute and lovely, not immature at all.

I recently went on ~10 dates with a man and didn't even get a kiss; in fact, when I hinted that we should kiss, he never even contacted me again! So, I might ask in the future, or just go for it myself.

LOL! Was he just looking for someone to spend his money on? I don't get that..

I always try to go for the kiss on the first date. Second if it really doesn't feel right on the first. You can usually tell a lot about your chemistry with someone when you get intimate/physical, so I try to make that distinction early on instead of wasting my time/money/energy on someone who's just not that into me. If a guy/girl doesn't even kiss you 10 dates in then they're wasting your time and not at all serious about it.

IronZ,

He either wasn't into me and wanted more of a friend. Or he was into me, but takes things so slowly it made me feel he was uninterested. 10 dates over 6 weeks is a lot. I told him I liked him, got nothing in return. One of the most bizarre "dating" situations I've ever had.