! Did I make a fool of my self? Why did he say this?

pisces_gurl

I am a 22 years old girl and have been flirting (staring/smiling) with this guy lately. He is much more older than me (ha, lol). I used to stare at him a lot and in return caught him staring at me many times

Recently, i got some courage and decided to talk to him. I went to him and we started a conversation. It was nice and cool. But I want to ask few of his sentences as to why he said them? Does anyone of them indicate any interest on his part?

Please let me know.

1) When I asked him if he is on Facebook, he replied "No. I hate Facebook and I am not on it. Why don't you talk to me in the campus?

2) Second, when I asked "You only come to university on Saturdays, right"

He replied, "Welll, you also only come to university on saturdays"

We NEVER talked before, I observed he only comes on Saturdays because i had a huge almost obsessive stalkerish crush on him and know exactly when is his class. But how did he know that I only come on saturdays?

Is it an encouraging or discouraging attitude at his part? Please help? Does anything above indicate if he's interested?

I couldn't tell you because I wasn't there. Just the words can have many meanings.

It could be friendly banter, or he was being douchey, or he was feeling a bit put on the spot, befuddled in what to say.

How are you with guys? Do you get asked out a lot? Do guys want to be around you? what are you like as a person ie: social circle, BFs, relationships, interests, tomboyish? shy? out going? inexperienced?

• Author

I am considered very pretty. Feminine, shy at the same time seductive. I am an introverted person and don't socialize much. I only talk to the guys i am crushing on lol

First mistake: asking him if he is on Facebook. If you want to be able to communicate properly with a middle aged man, don't talk to him like he's 20.

Did you introduce yourself? "Hi, I'm ____"

• Like 2

Not enough information to go on here.

The two sentences you asked about are rather neutral, but him asking why you don't talk to him on campus sounds like a suggestion to do just that.

He didn't know you only come on Saturdays. That's only when he sees you, so he probably took an educated guess.

How old is he, exactly? And how did you initiate conversation with him?

Not enough information to go on here.

The two sentences you asked about are rather neutral, but him asking why you don't talk to him on campus sounds like a suggestion to do just that.

He didn't know you only come on Saturdays. That's only when he sees you, so he probably took an educated guess.

How old is he, exactly? And how did you initiate conversation with him?

he's 40 look up a couple of posts.

he's 40 look up a couple of posts.

Ah ok, I think I must've posted my question at the same time she responded to that.

OP, I agree with Smackie about not asking about Facebook with a 40-year-old. You have to remember that his generation grew up without it and it's often not used in the same way by an older crowd - I'm only 34 and even I don't use it the same way my younger friends in their 20's do. It's generally not something I'd even bring up in the first conversation with a person.

Anyway, if you can provide more details about your conversation with him we can give you some more suggestions as to how you could proceed.

• Like 1
  • Author

Well, nothing much. I didnt talk much more with him. I asked him about if he is on Facebook and he told me to talk to him more on campus.

And when I asked him, "You only come on Saturdays"(I know this because i have an obsessive crush on him and know exactly when he comes to the campus.

But he also knows that I only come on Saturdays?

Like i knew (through friends) that we went to campus on Thursday too, but I was busy so i didn't go.

Does the fact that he said that "You only come on Saturdays too" indicate that he observes me and might have noticed that on Thursdays or other days of the week (when he comes) that i am not there?

He said with complete surity, "You also come on Saturdays only"

Does it mean something? Does it mean he notice me? Like when he comes on other weekdays and i am not there?

Well, nothing much. I didnt talk much more with him. I asked him about if he is on Facebook and he told me to talk to him more on campus.

And when I asked him, "You only come on Saturdays"(I know this because i have an obsessive crush on him and know exactly when he comes to the campus.

But he also knows that I only come on Saturdays?

Like i knew (through friends) that we went to campus on Thursday too, but I was busy so i didn't go.

Does the fact that he said that "You only come on Saturdays too" indicate that he observes me and might have noticed that on Thursdays or other days of the week (when he comes) that i am not there?

He said with complete surity, "You also come on Saturdays only"

Does it mean something? Does it mean he notice me? Like when he comes on other weekdays and i am not there?

You are reading waaaaaaaay too much into this. I agree with the other poster he just took an educated guess. I suggest you just keep talking to him, ask him out for a coffee.

Don`t you want to keep this simple......

You are reading waaaaaaaay too much into this. I agree with the other poster he just took an educated guess. I suggest you just keep talking to him, ask him out for a coffee.

Don`t you want to keep this simple......

Agreed.

OP, you hardly interacted with him. It doesn't necessarily "mean" anything at this point. Don't stress over it.

Ask him to join you for a coffee on campus the next time you see him.

He must have his email on the uni website right? Contact him.

BUT before you do, check uni policy about staff dating students.

• Author

:D My university is totally okay with that.

Many male professors have married their students

The thing is, i just dont know if he is interested or attracted to me or not

I already have low self esteem and cant take a risk

Thats y i told you the things in our conversation, might he be interested in me or not?

As for the body language, i have caught him looking at me like ALOT of times and the moment i look at him, he LOOKS away!

What does it mean?

We can't tell you because we were not there to observe. Like I say to anyone who asks that question, the only way to truly find out is to ask them out on a date....that's why I say ask him out for coffee. No risk, no gain.

Trust me on this.....it's way easier to get a yes if you are a girl asking a guy out. I'm sure he will be flattered.

• Author

Yes but now i think he shrugged me off without making me feel bad

When I said that, "are you on Facebook" if he WAS interested he would have given me his number and NOT say that you can talk to me in the campus

Plus he smiled and had a grin on his face when he said, "You also come on Saturdays only"

Maybe he got it that i am obsessive about him and only come to campus to see him?

:D My university is totally okay with that.

Many male professors have married their students

The thing is, i just dont know if he is interested or attracted to me or not

I already have low self esteem and cant take a risk

Thats y i told you the things in our conversation, might he be interested in me or not?

As for the body language, i have caught him looking at me like ALOT of times and the moment i look at him, he LOOKS away!

What does it mean?

OK so what if we said YES! he is interested for sure! What would be your next move???

Yes but now i think he shrugged me off without making me feel bad

When I said that, "are you on Facebook" if he WAS interested he would have given me his number and NOT say that you can talk to me in the campus

Plus he smiled and had a grin on his face when he said, "You also come on Saturdays only"

Maybe he got it that i am obsessive about him and only come to campus to see him?

Social anxiety: You feel people are criticizing you.

Guess what people are not thinking anything about you at all.

If he's a professor, even if it is in fact okay for them to engage in personal relationships with students, he might not be willing to cross that boundary. Many would not. I also teach adults and even though the institutions where I've taught didn't explicitly state in their policies that dating students was forbidden, I am not willing to go there.

All you can do is initiate a conversation again the next time you see him. But if your self-esteem is so low you can't even bring yourself to risk initiating more contact without being sure of his interest, I think you're going to find dating a struggle. Especially an older, more experienced man. They are generally past that point in their lives and much more assured of themselves and what they want in a partner.