Is it too soon to ask how he's feeling about me?

misty1114

This guy (23 yo) and I have been going on dates for the past 2 months and we've been on 8 dates together. In between our dates, he only texts me to make plan to go out since he and I are pretty busy with school. We've kissed but we haven't been intimate yet. I really like him as a person. At the beginning, I asked him what he's looking for and he said he enjoys dating but doesn't know if he wants a relationship or not. I was the same way at first too but the more time I spend with him, the more I'm starting to like him. I wanted to ask if he's still seeing me as someone to go out/date casually or as someone he would potentially be in a relationship with. Is it too soon for me to ask that question?

He's not that into you and it's very possible he is dating others. Seriously take a good look at things:

He doesn't have any interest in texting you between dates.

You only go out once a week.

He tells you he's not really interested in a relationship'

He hasn't make a move to be intimate.

red flag red flag red flag red flag.

• Like 1

8 dates seems a bit fast for me, but it's definitely a conversation that should happen before intimacy. If it feels right to you, go for it but do disclose how you are feeling. Also try to make it an inquiry not an interrogation & give him some "outs". I usually say something along the lines of "Although I'm perfectly happy with the status quo I wanted you to let you know that I am getting more invested & I wanted to know where you are."

• Like 1

I also read your other thread and am going to go with he's not interested in you because you haven't really shown much physical interest in him. The fact that he said he wasn't sure he wanted a relationship also leads me to believe he may have only wanted something casual. I've been on several dates with women before who never flirt and while they don't reject my attempts at physical intimacy, they certainly never reciprocate. It makes it very hard to initiate physical intimacy if you always act like a friend keeping the guy at arms length.

• Author
I also read your other thread and am going to go with he's not interested in you because you haven't really shown much physical interest in him. The fact that he said he wasn't sure he wanted a relationship also leads me to believe he may have only wanted something casual. I've been on several dates with women before who never flirt and while they don't reject my attempts at physical intimacy, they certainly never reciprocate. It makes it very hard to initiate physical intimacy if you always act like a friend keeping the guy at arms length.

Okay, so I'd take it as I should try to show him I'm interested by initiating some physical contacts then. Do you also think I should say something to him? I think he knows I'm interested though, but maybe he's either not attracted to me physically or not that into me.

Okay, so I'd take it as I should try to show him I'm interested by initiating some physical contacts then. Do you also think I should say something to him? I think he knows I'm interested though, but maybe he's either not attracted to me physically or not that into me.

You could say something but I doubt he'll say he wants a relationship or wants to continue dating because of what I mentioned earlier.

You mentioned in your other post that he had to ask you for a kiss. He's probably terrible at reading you or you're not making it obvious enough for him and/or are difficult to read. Maybe a combination of both.

If he wasn't attracted, he wouldn't have asked you for a kiss.

• Author
You could say something but I doubt he'll say he wants a relationship or wants to continue dating because of what I mentioned earlier.

You mentioned in your other post that he had to ask you for a kiss. He's probably terrible at reading you or you're not making it obvious enough for him and/or are difficult to read. Maybe a combination of both.

If he wasn't attracted, he wouldn't have asked you for a kiss.

Thank you so much! I appreciate your feedback.