Blocked me because I wouldn't sleep with him??

LeslieKnope

Wouldn't go home with him after the second date (not because I'm against it, but because I wasn't ready for it with him) and I'm pretty sure he blocked me on iPhone and okcupid! It's been maybe 4 days and I've only sent him two easy-breezy texts well-spaced apart. I know it sounds ridiculous (because, Internet dating), but I'm stunned. Has this happened to anyone else? How did you handle it?

If he blocked you, you dodged a bullet. If he wants to see you again, he'll contact you. No this hasn't happened to me after 2 dates but I guess some daters on OKC can be a bit dodgy ... don't stress about it and keep talking to other people you'd like to date and keep going on dates. Why are you so invested in someone you've only gone on 2 dates with? It's not healthy for you so try to chill out a little.

• Like 4
Wouldn't go home with him after the second date (not because I'm against it, but because I wasn't ready for it with him) and I'm pretty sure he blocked me on iPhone and okcupid! It's been maybe 4 days and I've only sent him two easy-breezy texts well-spaced apart. I know it sounds ridiculous (because, Internet dating), but I'm stunned. Has this happened to anyone else? How did you handle it?

You haven't lost anything.

I have been blocked because "there is no chemistry", blocked because someone didn't like my face.

What line did he use? The "Lets watch Netflix and chill?" Don't bother with him, he's a jerk. Seems like he was only looking for that.

Yes, its happened to me. 2 weeks, 3 dates and I wouldn't sleep with him to see if we were sexually compatible in my case though. You dodged a huge monstrous rusty bullet, be ECSTATIC that this happened and sit back and feel sorry for the poor girl(s) who fall for his crap.

• Like 1

I think is sure to fast to go on second date home/sex with someone.

Specialy if you want to be respected and want something serieus.

If he blocked you for this then be happy he is out of your life!

Sure, it happens all the time. And, so what? You're dodging a bullet. And, two easy-breezy well-spaced texts is one too many anyway. One text with no response ends it in this case. First OLD "date" is not a date. It should only be a short meet up for coffee or a couple of drinks tops just to confirm that they are who they say they are, look like their pictures and to see if there is enough there to schedule a real date. So, technically, you had one date and he wanted sex. He struck out. So be it.

• Like 2

Good riddance to bad rubbish! If he`s blocked you then you know what he was after and that was just sex.

Better than be bloked now than he entices you to bed and has sex with you and THEN blocks you.

He didnt get what he wantd, blocked you and spat his dummy out of his pram.

It's a no brainer what his intentions were. So it's obvious you both expect different things. The majority isn't just going to come out and tell you they just want to f uck. They hope they land someone who is desperate/naive/oblivious or just as horny as they are. So it didn't happen for him...good on you for sticking to your guns.

• Like 1

Wow. You're lucky he blocked you and you don't have to see him again. I think that's scary behavior to do that. He's practically telling you he just wanted you for sex and since you didn't give it to him, he wants nothing to do with you.

Don't feel bad at all. You should feel relieved you don't have to see this guy again.

• Author
If he blocked you, you dodged a bullet. If he wants to see you again, he'll contact you. No this hasn't happened to me after 2 dates but I guess some daters on OKC can be a bit dodgy ... don't stress about it and keep talking to other people you'd like to date and keep going on dates. Why are you so invested in someone you've only gone on 2 dates with? It's not healthy for you so try to chill out a little.

Totally get what you're saying and I didn't feel invested, believe me. I've had guys not talk to me again after a date or two and thought very little of it. I guess I was startled because the response was so callous.

And everyone, thank you! I needed a place to vent and laugh at myself a little and you guys helped a lot. :)

I wouldn't read too much into the blocking. He may just use it to keep track of women he's already interacted with. I do something similar on Match. I use the "Block from Search" option to make sure I don't message the same woman again a few months down the road.

• Like 2
I wouldn't read too much into the blocking. He may just use it to keep track of women he's already interacted with. I do something similar on Match. I use the "Block from Search" option to make sure I don't message the same woman again a few months down the road.

You know another guy told me he does the same thing to women. What, is this something new in Manville?

• Like 1

I do it too. I get a ton of older men who 'favorite' me, look at my profile, or contact me... They are outside of my age range, but they use my profile to to launch 'like her' searches, is my guess for some repeat viewers.

So I block them. I block everyone I am not interested in who contact me in some way. It's not personal. Just my way of weeding out, and yes... Making it harder for a guy to find someone 'like me'.

• Like 1
Totally get what you're saying and I didn't feel invested, believe me. I've had guys not talk to me again after a date or two and thought very little of it. I guess I was startled because the response was so callous.

And everyone, thank you! I needed a place to vent and laugh at myself a little and you guys helped a lot. :)

It's not callous after two "dates" from OLD, it's pragmatic. "She isn't on the same page as I am, move on". That's what you should be doing as well.

I don't get it. Guys get angry when they can't get sex either the 1st or 2nd date, but when a woman throws themselves at them, they get annoyed?

I don't get it. Guys get angry when they can't get sex either the 1st or 2nd date, but when a woman throws themselves at them, they get annoyed?

You don't know that this guy is angry. In fact, I doubt he's angry. Maybe a little disappointed but he knows there are other women out there who maybe want the same thing he does, casual sex.

But, he probably also knows that some women will be all like "oh, I should contact him 10 times in a row now that we've gone out a couple of times . . ."

He's probably been chased a couple of times for showing even the slightest bit of interest in a woman. So, better safe than sorry . . .

You know another guy told me he does the same thing to women. What, is this something new in Manville?
Unfortunately, most dating sites (to my knowledge) don't provide any sort of long term history. If I message a woman today and she indicates she is not interested, I accept that an move on. My memory is not perfect and I look at a lot of profiles. If I come across her profile again in a few months, I may not remember messaging her. Match does not tell me I already tried messaging her a few months ago. If I block her from my search results, I don't see her profile again and thus I won't message her again.

I'm afraid it's the best solution available given the limited features on dating sites. My other option would be to create some sort of external database of women's profiles and manually check against the list. That's a lot of work compared to the one-click "Block from Search" option.

• Like 3
  • Author
It's not callous after two "dates" from OLD, it's pragmatic. "She isn't on the same page as I am, move on". That's what you should be doing as well.

Thanks, I have. And sorry, for me it was callous but I grant you also pragmatic. Allow me the indulgence of rolling my eyes at him and dating in general.

Thanks, I have. And sorry, for me it was callous but I grant you also pragmatic. Allow me the indulgence of rolling my eyes at him and dating in general.

Leslie...I get what you're saying. I'm from another era of dating and this kind of blow off didn't happen. It is callous and like I said earlier...he's a dirtbag ... good riddance to him. I did online dating for about a year (post divorce after 18 yrs) and now I'm just feeling much better meeting people the old fashioned way. I do find, at least in my demographic, that people don't ghost and guys pursue like the last time I dated when I meet them the old fashioned way (aka "organically" ...lol everything is better when it's organic these days:)

I love the internet...but I think it's created a monster with respect to dating.