Should I be suspicious of this guy from OLD?

Bobbi7

I exchanged numbers with this guy on OLD. He's very attractive and he's like 10 years younger than me. He's 22. He's profile is empty, so I did a Google image search, he came up another dating site. Not surprised. I looked him up in facebook and I saw these pictures of him this girl who happens to share his same last name and this 7 year old girl. They look very cozy together. And in one picture he's very close to this girl- not sure if that's his sister? Or niece? On Twitter, it's showing the girl and the little girl saying, "My favorite ladies and the ones I'll ever need." I mean, surely he can't be talking about his sister and niece??? Plus, I find it hard to believe he uses a dating site, he's very attractive, plus a football star. And to top that off-he told me he's working on an associates to be a teacher...? Does this sound odd, Or is this a prank?

Working on an associates to be a teacher? Lol

For one, who brags about getting their associates? Second, it requires a bachelors to be a teacher.

Yes, be suspicious. And, if you're looking for a long-term relationship, probably not going to find it with a 22 year old.

• Like 5

Good job looking him up. In another thread a poster labeled this behavior as "creepy" but I say you're smart :)

You're jumping to conclusions with the pics. It could be family members. You'll have to do a little more digging to find out for sure.

The age, though, 22??? Do you want to get involved with a college kid? If you like younger guys go with the ones who are out of school for a couple of years (24-25).

• Like 1
I exchanged numbers with this guy on OLD. He's very attractive and he's like 10 years younger than me. He's 22. He's profile is empty, so I did a Google image search, he came up another dating site. Not surprised. I looked him up in facebook and I saw these pictures of him this girl who happens to share his same last name and this 7 year old girl. They look very cozy together. And in one picture he's very close to this girl- not sure if that's his sister? Or niece? On Twitter, it's showing the girl and the little girl saying, "My favorite ladies and the ones I'll ever need." I mean, surely he can't be talking about his sister and niece??? Plus, I find it hard to believe he uses a dating site, he's very attractive, plus a football star. And to top that off-he told me he's working on an associates to be a teacher...? Does this sound odd, Or is this a prank?

Bobbi, given what you posted in the other thread, you should not be going down this road yet. Give yourself a break.

I find it hard to believe he uses a dating site, he's very attractive, plus a football star. And to top that off-he told me he's working on an associates to be a teacher...? Does this sound odd, Or is this a prank? -- So what are you saying here? You are using a dating site . . . are you ugly, with no hobbies or interests or history and no motivation for bettering yourself and your future???? Stop doing the whole crystal ball thing. If you're interested enough and want to actually know what's what and he asks you, you go an have a nice, quick meet up. Make sure he is who he says he is, actually looks like his pictures and make a decision about a real date based on real evidence and actual gut reactions and let him do the same . . .

For one, who brags about getting their associates? Second, it requires a bachelors to be a teacher.

Yes, be suspicious. And, if you're looking for a long-term relationship, probably not going to find it with a 22 year old.

I think eventually you need a masters degree too. At least you do here in NY.

Bobbi - your picker is off.

No you should not be investing in this guy - he is telling porkies.

However did he even get your number?

There are too many like this that your asking about.

• Like 1
WaitingForBardot

I'm not seeing where she said he was bragging about it. Couldn't it have just come up in normal conversation when she asked what he did?

I think eventually you need a masters degree too. At least you do here in NY.

Depends on the school district here but yes, many require a masters.

I'm not seeing where she said he was bragging about it. Couldn't it have just come up in normal conversation when she asked what he did?

I would assume at best he was putting his best foot forward as most people do in the initial stage. And given that, what he said does not even make sense.

I exchanged numbers with this guy on OLD. He's very attractive and he's like 10 years younger than me. He's 22. He's profile is empty, so I did a Google image search, he came up another dating site.

The guy is barely out of his teenage years he's not looking for something serious with a 32 yo woman.

His profile is empty another indication he's not serious

Only with this you should not be pursuing any further. Unless you like wasting your time?

I looked him up in facebook and I saw these pictures of him this girl who happens to share his same last name and this 7 year old girl. They look very cozy together. And in one picture he's very close to this girl- not sure if that's his sister? Or niece? On Twitter, it's showing the girl and the little girl saying, "My favorite ladies and the ones I'll ever need." I mean, surely he can't be talking about his sister and niece???
You are searching social media and interpreting pictures you know nothing about. You're being silly like a 15 yo girl.

Plus, I find it hard to believe he uses a dating site, he's very attractive, plus a football star. And to top that off-he told me he's working on an associates to be a teacher...? Does this sound odd, Or is this a prank?

Thank you for all of us using online dating site lol, so we're all mediocre you're saying? Yes super hot people are online. The first man I met from online was a bodybuilding national champion. The net is full of hot people.

You are wasting you time...I would like to know why?

He's profile is empty

Why on earth would you exchange numbers with someone who can't even be bothered to fill out their profile properly?

Just click NEXT.

• Like 4

Always trust your gut when it comes to this, and yes it is suspicious.

I researched exactly one women from OLD before doing anything because some things seemed off. Turned out she was using someone else's pics for her profile.

Your alarm bells go off for a reason.

strawberryshortstack

My guess is that he stole the pictures to make himself look more attractive than he really is. Even if he is the same guy as the facebook profile - 22 with a 7 year old child...would mean the child was born when he was 15, and while it's certainly possible, it seems unlikely. No matter the situation, it seems highly suspect and I would drop him like a hot potato.

Whether he's single and stole the pictures from someone else, or is actually attached with a child, he lacks integrity and is out to deceive at least one person - you, and potentially his wife/girlfriend.

Be smart, move on.

My guess is that he stole the pictures to make himself look more attractive than he really is. Even if he is the same guy as the facebook profile - 22 with a 7 year old child...would mean the child was born when he was 15, and while it's certainly possible, it seems unlikely. No matter the situation, it seems highly suspect and I would drop him like a hot potato.

Whether he's single and stole the pictures from someone else, or is actually attached with a child, he lacks integrity and is out to deceive at least one person - you, and potentially his wife/girlfriend.

Be smart, move on.

For argument's sake, what if it's a family pic? The 7 year old could be his little sister, niece, cousin. That's why I suggested to OP if she's into this guy to do some more digging to find out.

aussietigerwolf

Simply ask the guy. If he avoids the question or seems weird or vague about it then maybe its a red flag.

strawberryshortstack
For argument's sake, what if it's a family pic? The 7 year old could be his little sister, niece, cousin. That's why I suggested to OP if she's into this guy to do some more digging to find out.

That is a good point.

Should I be suspicious of this guy from OLD?

Short answer: You should be suspicious of EVERY guy on OLD. It's the world's biggest freak show.

Rejected Rosebud

Bobbi7 how did you even get to the point of exchanging phone numbers and fb stuff with a guy who had an empty profile on OLD? Why did you do it??:(

• Author
Bobbi7 how did you even get to the point of exchanging phone numbers and fb stuff with a guy who had an empty profile on OLD? Why did you do it??:(

The guy was really attractive! We just exchanged numbers on meeting up, he told me his name, then I googled him, found him on facebook, twitter, looked at some activities on there, something wasn't right, so I blocked him.

Rejected Rosebud
The guy was really attractive! We just exchanged numbers on meeting up, he told me his name, then I googled him, found him on facebook, twitter, looked at some activities on there, something wasn't right, so I blocked him.
He had a picture up but the rest of the profile was empty? You met him in person?