Trust issues

Jam23

I recently met someone I really like, we have a great deal in common and have been seeing each other steadily for 2 months now. Recently she was promoted in her job and is moving about an hour away. Typically this distance is inconsequential but I had a pretty bad break up involving friends and a fiancée that has left me with some trust issues. Her workload for the time being has skyrocketed not leaving much time for doing things with me, we have also both been sick the past week. Normally I'd chalk up this slowdown in our romantic lives to these events, however I am finding it difficult to reassure myself that all is well in the relationship. There is a mountain of evidence to suggest that all is in fact, very well but I can not leave well enough alone and continue making mountains out of mole hills. I'm looking for advice on how to best manage this anxiety.

The best way to deal with how you are feeling is to communicate with your partner. If they know how you're feeling it makes it that much easier for them to adjust what they can do you don't feel neglected. You seem to need more reassurance from her that all is well in your relationship and the reason you may not be getting it right now is because she may not be aware of your insecurities.

A lot of people tend to assume that men don't sweat the small stuff and so she may think that since you aren't having massive arguments that you're fine. Let her know that this isn't exactly the case and she might be able to help. Eg. All you might need is just an extra text everyday letting you know she's thinking of you etc.

Read a few self help books or web sites to help you deal with your issues. Usually your self esteem/self worth is the culprit.