Would you delete him as well?

GingerVixen

So I met this guy online a few months ago. He gave off player vibes but he was smart and interesting so I gave him a chance. At first I told him I was a little hesitant to meet him, but when I went to his City I told him I was there and he asked me out. Turns out he said he would call me in the morning to confirm our lunch date and he didn't. He only called me at 1pm but then I had made other plans, I was with my friend having lunch and told him that.

He was pissed and two days later he texted me saying he regretted not having met me but it was because he had friends coming over and he couldn't cancel. I know it is bull****. Then he asked me "well I understand if you don't ever want to meet me again but I would like at least to keep talking to you". He insisted só much that I agreed.

Anyway, after that he started to text me first and then when I replied he would take Hours, sometimes a day to answer me back. That happened consistently for one week. I realized this was him looking for my attention and some ego boost and I got fed up with it.

So yesterday I called him out and told him if that was any kind of tricks to play me, that wouldnt work with me. I told him that if he really wanted to talk to me he wouldn't act that way. He said "we are not even dating, we haven't even met so why are you complaining? "

After that, I let the conversation naturally end, he said he would talk to me later and then I deleted him for good. should have deleted him before, but at least I did it.

Did I overreact? Would you do the same?

You gave him many more chances that I would have. I would have deleted him after he gave the BS excuse for cancelling lunch.

Delete, block, NEXT.

• Like 4
  • Author
You gave him many more chances that I would have. I would have deleted him after he gave the BS excuse for cancelling lunch.

Delete, block, NEXT.

I agree.

I gave him too many chances but because I was trying to see how he would react later on. But then I saw it was a lost cause so I deleted him.

Well at least I did it! The guy is a jerk.

• Like 2
  • Author
So much drama with someone you haven't met. Just delete him earlier next time you come across someone like this and move on

Yes. One more lesson to Learn - don't give a jerk a second chance.

Thank you for your reply

• Like 1

If there's any kind of drama at the very beginning, take it as a warning sign to get away from the person. In my younger days I would hang out trying to figure things out - big waste of time and a major headache.

• Like 2
  • Author
If there's any kind of drama at the very beginning, take it as a warning sign to get away from the person. In my younger days I would hang out trying to figure things out - big waste of time and a major headache.

I think that way too!

If something doesn't start well it will probably not end well.

I have talked about this situation with some friends and one of them told me I overreacted and that deleting him is an ego boost for him.

I disagree.

1. I didn’t delete him because he was taking long to reply, I deleted him because he stood me up, I forgave him But he started playing games and waiting 24h to answer a text, considering that he used to answer every text instantly. And I don't buy "I am travelling" excuses, if you have enough time to text someone first (Yeah he was the one who would text me first) you have the time to answer the other person's reply too.

2. I don't think deleting someone is an ego boost. I think it is showing you have clear boundaries. Showing that you won't wait for the person to decide if he/she wants to talk to you, you have moved on.

I don't regret what I did.

Michelle ma Belle

I had almost the exact same scenario happen to me - they must be a special kind of breed :p

OP, you did well. This was a dead end from the start. NEXT!

If something doesn't start well it will probably not end well.

I have talked about this situation with some friends and one of them told me I overreacted and that deleting him is an ego boost for him.

An ego boost? How does one get an ego boost from someone deleting them?

How wrong is your friend and which part of the Autism Spectrem Disorder are they in?

You did the right thing but I wouldnt of suddenly deleted him. I would have given him a reason why you were doing what you were doing.

Some people have no idea whats going on.

Personally I wouldn't have bothered phoning. Now you have given him the chance to say stuff.

Conversation with his mates will go like this;

Him "Dude this girl phoned me up and had a go at me and I haven't even met her!"

His Mates "Agh man women are crazy man you had a lucky escape there she would boil your cat!"

All that and YOU have done nothing wrong. You are not the crazy one. HIS bad behaviour caused it - but that is how these kinds of people (both men and women are).

Next time just don't bother wasting your time or expending your energy on guys like this. If you think they are a player then offski they goski! You owe them NOTHING. No reasons, no phone calls, no texts. So next time just delete before you have dramas. Its much easier and doesn't give them excuses to say anything about you.

The phone call is the ego boost. If you had just left him and gone silent it would have been better.

Chin up chook. One more a-hole out of the way!

• Like 2

All that and YOU have done nothing wrong. You are not the crazy one. HIS bad behaviour caused it - but that is how these kinds of people (both men and women are).

Absolutely 100%!