Caught red handed or text auto-correction ?

Gaeta

Had a 1st date with someone last night. He acted completely taken by me, says I'm exactly like he had imagined, he's going to delete his profile, etc etc. He was laying it very thick.

Then we leave the coffee shop and says to text him when I get home.

I was not home yet when I got these text from him:

1st text: I just got home sweetie (in French)

Right away this second text comes in from him: Hello baby, I just woke up, how are you darling? (in English)

I told him he's full of BS and to never contact me again.

He tried to call me like 5 times and left messages that he meant to text 'I just arrived' and his auto corrector changed it for 'I just woke up'. He sent me numerous long text telling me to be reasonable and to ask around and people will tell me that phones do that.

So I am asking around. Phones do that? And a phone would auto correct in 2 languages? I am septic. I know his phone is set to auto-correct in French because his phone always change my name for a similar French word. Him and I always text in French in the past so why send me an English text.

I think he's full of BS. If he got caught then why insist so much in proving me wrong? We just met once.

No idea about the auto correct thing but there is no reason he would text that 'I just got home' and then another saying 'I just arrived' (which was his explanation).

You caught him red handed.

• Like 10
If he got caught then why insist so much in proving me wrong? We just met once.

Because you're Aphrodite incarnate and he is powerless to resist... even if you are septic. Hey, if a guy can tell you sweet lies in multiple languages by text, you should give him a chance... who knows what he might be capable of with his tongue.

• Like 2
  • Author
No idea about the auto correct thing but there is no reason he would text that 'I just got home' and then another saying 'I just arrived' (which was his explanation).

You caught him red handed.

Good point.

• Author
What time was this date?

Date was at 7h pm last night and it ended at 9h. He hinted he still had time but I had something important to attend early this morning so I declined extending the date somewhere else.

He wanted to extend the date but had nothing to offer. We were at my car and he kept saying 'so what do we do now'. I have this feeling he was waiting for me to invite him over.

I am septic.

And why are u infected with bacteria? Did he gave u an STD?

• Like 4

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Dead.

I got to that part and was rolling on the floor.

Yeah, everyone else said it. Red handed.

• Like 3

Even if "I just woke up" was supposed to be "I just arrived".. why would he include "how are you, darling?" You just ended a first date and that just doesn't fit.

Seems like he was caught red handed.

He is, without a doubt, multi dating and not telling you.

Up to you to decide if a multidater is for you or not.

• Like 1
  • Author

I mean skeptical lol in my native language skeptical is said septic.

• Like 1
  • Author
He is, without a doubt, multi dating and not telling you.

Up to you to decide if a multidater is for you or not.

He told me he was in love with me lol, laughable I know.

• Like 1

Oh Gaeta, you should know by now that when a man lays it on so *thick* on the first date, he is usually full of shyt. You've been through it enough, no? :)

Anyway, yes he is full of shyt....

Auto correct does not change entire phrases...not that I have ever heard of anyway

Plus what others said ...plus HE asked YOU to text when YOU got home, so why did he text you at all?

Me thinks he is juggling several women, and meant to send two separate texts, to two different women, one of whom obviously speaks French!

Your initial instincts were correct!

• Like 1
He told me he was in love with me lol, laughable I know.

Oh good lord, next time a man tells you he is *in love* with you on first date (first meet?).....please excuse yourself and walk out.

Deal? :)

• Like 7
  • Author
Oh good lord, next time a man tells you he is *in love* with you on first date (first meet?).....please excuse yourself and walk out.

Deal? :)

haha deal !!!

• Like 4

I think your intuition was right from the get-go Gaeta ....case closed.

"Arrived" wouldn't be mixed up with "woke up" in any autocorrect I'm aware of bc there are no spelling commonalities. You don't start with the letter w and end up with "arrived."

Also, if he really felt the need to inform you of all this in two languages, after asking you to inform him and not vice versa, probably he would have said he "got home" in both.

It sounds to me like he was actually texting 2 other women, one for each, since in one he got home and the other he woke up. Busy guy. ;)

(Also I'd wonder too about "sweetie" and "darling" ....I assume the date wasn't that off the charts to call you those things already.)

Hilarious.

Sorry Gaeta, I am not laughing at your expense. It's just some guys lie so easily it baffles me and makes me laugh out loud, the **** they expect you to believe :rolleyes: (like sure he meant those texts for you and it was "auto correct ":lmao:)

He was caught plain and simple. You would think he'd have some dignity and just stop texting or better yet, apologise!

Ridiculous. He's now insulting your intelligence, by not coming clean.

• Like 2

Probably auto-corrected. It's going around.

Seriously, auto-correct algorithms are complex and adapt to what's been seen historically. If it's also set for multilingual .... well who knows. A manager at <place since bought by Intel> once sent out an email saying "sorry for the incontinence" which was we assumed an auto-correct issue rather than a bladder control issue.

• Like 3
Probably auto-corrected. It's going around.

Seriously, auto-correct algorithms are complex and adapt to what's been seen historically. If it's also set for multilingual .... well who knows. A manager at <place since bought by Intel> once sent out an email saying "sorry for the incontinence" which was we assumed an auto-correct issue rather than a bladder control issue.

I take it your manager meant "sorry for the *inconvenience*"?

That's one word, which yes happens all the time, not an entire phrase.... and in a different language? :)

I take it your manager meant "sorry for the *inconvenience*"?

That's one word, which yes happens all the time, not an entire phrase.... :)

This was in the early 2000s, when we were all using keyboards and Office. The practical application of auto-correct has become massively more complex and encompassing with the popularity and improvement of handheld devices and the soft keyboards, speech to text, and other alternative input methods they use.

This was in the early 2000s, when we were all using keyboards and Office. The practical application of auto-correct has become massively more complex and encompassing with the popularity and improvement of handheld devices and the soft keyboards, speech to text, and other alternative input methods they use.

What do you think about his behavior in general though? And what I and others posted indicating the other reasons we thought he was full of BS.

The two texts in a row, one in a different language, him telling her he's *in love* with her (it was a first meet)... him texting her at all when he specifically told her to text him when she got home? Him calling her *sweetie* and *darling*? Lol

Aside from the auto-correct function?

I think it's obvious from *everything* this guy did, that he was full of crap... and that the texts were meant for two different women....you can't just look at that one thing (the auto-correct).

Even though I personally think the auto-correct excuse was a huge stretch....when combined with everything else.

JMO....

Edited by katiegrl