Dating match

Angel29

I have known a guy for nearly 3 years as we have mutual friends. We do like each other but over time my shyness has got worse around him. It gets to the point where I can't even look or speak to him as I feel sick. He interprets this as me not being interested and doesn't come out for months and then comes back months later.

I saw this morning that he was a match for me on eharmony. I was shocked as out of 3.5 million people in the UK he was a match. Would it be worth me sending a message saying "Hey, it looks like we are a match... " I have always liked him and hate not being able to be more forward.

• Author

I am confused. I sent him the message addressing him by his name and ended it with a smiley face. He sent an automated response saying he accepts our request to carry on emailing but he never wrote anything. I know him from a walking group and after I sent the message he had put he is coming to a night out this weekend. Today I saw he is going to a night out in his own hometown which is the same time as our night out so it is unlikely he is coming. I really don't know what is going through his mind or is he not interested?

mystikmind2005

Ahhhh, what self respecting guy will chase a girl who he makes feel 'sick'??

He is obviously more focused toward finding someone else,,, and probably has at least one good prospect he is interested in.

You would need to step up like 1000% to catch his interest at this point i think?