If your "date" is sick, would you offer to reschedule?

Iceshowers

So I met this guy on OLD and this coming Sunday would mark 2 weeks since we've been talking and have not met up yet. Last week we were going to go on a date, but he had something come up last minute and asked to push the date 2+ hours later than the time agreed. Since I had my son at home, I couldn't do that late so I said we will need to reschedule. We agreed on a date for tomorrow, Friday. But about a day or 2 ago he said he was catching a cold. He said today it got him good and it's full blown cold. I asked him how he was feeling, and he said still sick, but he mentioned "I would understand if you want to cancel".

I'll ask him tomorrow again if he's feeling better. But if he says he's still sick but is still on board on the date, should I offer to reschedule? I really don't know the extent of his cold. I obviously do not want to get sick, especially with a toddler at home. But I feel bad if I tell him we need to reschedule again.

No. Because I would meet up with that person regardless. I'm a woman that keeps my word (unless I'm super not feeling it but I would let the guy know we are not a good match). If that person is sick and into you, THEY should offer to reschedule and see if you are available (it's bc of them that the meetup is not occurring and they are inconveniencing YOU).

Being sick is a legitimate excuse, and really who wants to catch someone's cold? Gross.

Just be careful that it's not him making excuses. I met someone on OLD once and she was so into me and texting away and saying she can't wait to meet me blah blah blah and then for 2 weeks straight it was back and forth trying to set up a date and her being too busy or making every excuse she could. Finally I told her it was very disrespectful and that I didn't want to try anymore if she was going to put no effort into it. She replied with "I'm not interested good luck." She never planned on meeting me at all just wasted my time. Attention seekers..

I wouldn't risk catching the virus from him, especially if I have a toddler at home. Wouldn't you feel awful if later your kid got sick.

• Author
Being sick is a legitimate excuse, and really who wants to catch someone's cold? Gross.

Just be careful that it's not him making excuses. I met someone on OLD once and she was so into me and texting away and saying she can't wait to meet me blah blah blah and then for 2 weeks straight it was back and forth trying to set up a date and her being too busy or making every excuse she could. Finally I told her it was very disrespectful and that I didn't want to try anymore if she was going to put no effort into it. She replied with "I'm not interested good luck." She never planned on meeting me at all just wasted my time. Attention seekers..

Yea, I'd definitely wouldn't be ok with it if he was trying to make excuses, but he seems very interested in meeting up. Before setting up the date for tomorrow, I kinda told him MAYBE I could do Tuesday (from earlier this week). He asked me on Monday if Tuesday is ok, which I totally had forgotten that I even mentioned it, so then I had to say no to that too. So it's been just bad scheduling, and I don't' get the vibe he's beating around the bush since he's on top of the dates.