Should I still meet at arranged time if no reply?

fmfan08

First date went great and she has been initiating contact with me since. I've been trying to text back minimally and arranged a second date. However, it's been nearly a day since my last text to her and she has not replied, we're going out much later tonight.

Should I not make contact again and just meet for the arranged time and place?

Here are parts of our conversation:

Girl - What are you doing tonight?

Me - Lying here, thinking what my next evil plan will be.. Have you finished that plate of Greek food yet?

Girl - No, I'm still with the plate, can you help me with the tomatoes? Pleasee

Me - I didn't think that you and the plate were so close.. How long have you both been together?

Girl - Well I'd like to be closer with you not with the plate.

Me - Well how about we solve that by me taking you out to a place that isn't closed when you're next free?

Girl - It'd be great!

Girl - What would you like to do next time?

Me - We'll go and see a movie, you can pick, then see where the night takes us after..

Girl - Oh yes!! I was thinking to go to the cinema this week!

Me - Great minds think alike. How's Thursday?

Girl - Yes! That's great

The most recent one she hasn't responded to:

Girl (replying to my joke) - Hahahaah

Girl - I don't know who are you talking about...?

Me - I'll see you at 8 tomorrow night, same place, just make sure to bring those paper napkins because I will be throwing popcorn at you

Girl - Why do you have to throw popcorn at me???

Me - Why don't you throw it back and we'll entertain people with our popcorn fight

This is where I got no reply, should I just go ahead and meet her at arranged time and not contact her until she does?

You have to be there. You can text to remind her if you want. I don't think it's necessary, but you can text her asking what film she wants to see, or just something witty. Since you said you'll see her at the time/place, you must go even if you don't hear back today.

• Author
You have to be there. You can text to remind her if you want. I don't think it's necessary, but you can text her asking what film she wants to see, or just something witty. Since you said you'll see her at the time/place, you must go even if you don't hear back today.

Cool, yeah I'll go at said time. Seems odd she hasn't messaged though because if I don't reply to hers when I'm busy, she sends me another initiating. A few times she sends 2-3 texts splitting up what she says.

I'm thinking of sending "see you tonight ninja" (our nicknames for each other) but I'll wait until the afternoon to send it.

How about this. Call her and ask if the date is still on. If she doesn't answer, leave a message. Honestly she should reply and let you know. It's called manners.

People show tons of interest all the time then suddenly go cold.

I wouldn't go to the movies and wait at all.

I'd text her ONE last time and ask her if you're still on for the movies at 8 pm. If she ignores that text, write her off because she's just another flake.

• Like 2

there was another thread posted about a girl being stood up because she didn't do a follow up call to make sure their date was still on. The guy told her that he forgot :/