Facebook flirting?

BrocasHelm

Hi folks, I suck at reading signs, and I got a case of "no idea what the **** is going on" here. This one concerns a girl I've known for a little over a year, we've been friends on Facebook but never really got to know each others that well, she's a friend of friends and I've only seen her in person a handful of times. I never even thought of her as a potential romantic interest before, but things have been getting a little strange since yesterday, and I just wonder if I'm overanalyzing or if she's trying to make me understand something here:

First, to give you an idea of the kind of girl she is, she's one who has a lot of friends and who often puts little kisses or hearts on her male friends' walls and says she loves them, even though it's only platonic. She also changes her profile picture a lot and gets a lot of compliments every time, except from me because I like to fool around and crack jokes, which she always took well. So basically most of our interactions were commenting on each others' statuses, joking a bit, and that would be it.

Yesterday, though, she posted on my wall out of the blue that she liked my new username, which I had just changed. I told her that was a nickname my friends had given me after a weekend of hard partying because I'm fast at everything: driving, drinking, passing out, getting back up... and the convo took an unexpected turn when she said she hoped I don't have sex that fast. We kept joking a bit about that, not that much because it was through comments so everyone could see, but I was surprised, as I could joke about sex all day with my friends but that never happened with her before.

Then I started a private convo with her, we kept chatting for a long time and she told me a lot about her life, her fears, her health problems, stuff I had no clue about before, like the fact that she dyes her hair often and changes her profile picture constantly is because she thought she was ugly when she was younger and that made her insecure about herself. Funny thing, one of the first things she said was that she was single at the moment. She complained about neck pains when she went to bed, and said how much she longed for a nice guy to massage her, to which I replied if only I weren't 900 km away I'd gladly oblige, and she replied that yeah, it was too bad

I messaged her again today to ask about her neck, and the conversation resumed. We went on to talk about her favorite movie (which, coincidentally, is also one of my favorites), and I sent her a song from this movie which she enjoyed a lot, and I commented playfully that I had found the key to her heart. As a reply, she sent me a selfie. A normal, non-revealing selfie, mind you, it even became her profile picture a few minutes later, but still, I don't know what that means that she sent it to me before making it public, and after my latest reply. Of course I said she looked beautiful, then we went on talking about how we looked when we were young and comparing photos (she also said she likes me better with the long hair I have now because it's "class").

So, there it is, am I believing things or is there something going on here? She lives next to my hometown where I'm going back for Christmas, and when I told her she expressed interest in seeing me. Also something happened a few months ago, when she found out we were both attending the same festival she posted a "We should totally meet up!!!!!" on my wall, with little hearts, which was quite surprising, but back then I had a girlfriend so I didn't think much of it, and we indeed met briefly at this festival and nothing happened. Back then some of my friends commented on her ambiguous post, but I was oblivious to it and said she's like that with everyone. But now I'm starting to wonder if there is an ambiguity, I feel kinda weird about all that so, in your opinion, does she seem interested or just enjoying the attention?

I would say she may be interested but this is a girl who needs a lot of attention and validation. She's very flirtatious to everyone regardless of whether or not they have a girlfriend. It's flattering when you're the recipient and have no relationship with her. But, once you're dating this girl, it's not flattering anymore. Tread carefully.

Btw, the changing of the profile picture to the selfie she sent you means nothing other than she wants every other guy out there to give her MORE validation and MORE attention since she knows you liked that pic.

• Author

My thought yeah, she's flirty with a lot of guys and seeks validation all the time that's for sure. But the surprise came from the fact that she came to me with this comment about my username, went straight to a sexual innuendo (to tell you how it went, she said "I hope you don't have sex that fast" and I replied "No, that's the only thing I take my time for" and she replied "Yeah, I won't believe it till I get proof"), and then we went on talking like never before. As I said, we hardly know each others, yet she seems to like me for some reason. Oh, and she asked me to call her when I got home for Christmas.

I have a theory I'm the only guy in her Facebook friends who'd rather tease than compliment her when she puts on a new picture, so I'm different in her eyes. I dunno. I don't have any plan with her, she's very attractive for sure, taking her out on a date would be nice, but the 900km distance is quite a deal breaker for anything else. I just wonder what she's thinking...

GunslingerRoland

First, to give you an idea of the kind of girl she is, she's one who has a lot of friends and who often puts little kisses or hearts on her male friends' walls and says she loves them, even though it's only platonic. She also changes her profile picture a lot and gets a lot of compliments every time,

My first thought, is you should stay away from her, she sounds like trouble.

I told her that was a nickname my friends had given me after a weekend of hard partying because I'm fast at everything: driving, drinking, passing out, getting back up...

My second though is that she should stay away from you, you sound like trouble.

• Author

My second though is that she should stay away from you, you sound like trouble.

Haha, so 95% of people my age in my city who like to have the craic on the weekend are trouble :laugh:

Haha, so 95% of people my age in my city who like to have the craic on the weekend are trouble :laugh:

invite her for a drink when you are in town and see what happens.