Is it normal to not feel a spark when you kiss your boyfriend?

bystarlight

Hi all,

Have been in a relationship for almost 2 years and am having some doubts, one is that I feel happy and can get turned on when we kiss but I feel no spark or rush of passion. Is this normal because we are comfortable with eachother or is there something wrong? I am concerned because when I was 18 and with someone for almost 2 years I felt a rush of I guess lust when we kissed and sparks and it was intense, is it because I am older now and this love is more rational? I also fear that my anxiety medication has lowered my libido.

Thanks for your help@

mystikmind2005

Apparently allot of guys are not that good at kissing?

Often i have kissed a woman and they tell me they have never been kissed so wonderfully like that before, which surprises me?

All i know is that i am a very empathetic type of person, i always try to let myself be totally absorbed in the moment, allow the deep connection of body and spirit and for that moment, nothing else exists except her lips.

Hi all,

Have been in a relationship for almost 2 years and am having some doubts, one is that I feel happy and can get turned on when we kiss but I feel no spark or rush of passion. Is this normal because we are comfortable with eachother or is there something wrong? I am concerned because when I was 18 and with someone for almost 2 years I felt a rush of I guess lust when we kissed and sparks and it was intense, is it because I am older now and this love is more rational? I also fear that my anxiety medication has lowered my libido.

Thanks for your help@

The bold really isn't a question. If you're on meds to control anxiety, it's dang near a guarantee to lower sex drive.

Hi all,

when I was 18 and with someone for almost 2 years I felt a rush of I guess lust when we kissed and sparks and it was intense, is it because I am older now and this love is more rational?

Thanks for your help@

The "spark" that people feel is created in the mind. So its totally obvious something in your mind can extinguish it. It very well could be meds, but even without meds, the spark can be reduced over time, just like sexual attraction can diminish in the bedroom.

I think people can subconsciously cause the spark to diminish, and then when they consciously realize it, they analyze, and sometimes blame their SO rather than looking at themselves.

I feel more for a man with each passing day. Most of us invest ourselves in our partner.

I'm a nurse and not I or anyone else here can know the effect of your medication. We know neither your medical history nor the medication. Your doctor/mental health professional is the one to ask.