Facebook question and potential interest?

e4u

So...I'm very new to facebook and I have no idea how these things work or what they really mean...

Recently, I made a post that went "viral"...so it hit a lot of people all over the world much to my huge surprise since I have few friends on the site as I'm really new. It just kind of spread on its own it seems.

Anyways, a REALLY good looking chick half way across the world (we have no mutual friends on the website) liked the post (which has my picture as part of it) and then liked my profile pic a day or so later. The profile pic has nothing to do with the viral post and they are the only two public photos I have that can be liked by strangers...

What does this mean potentially? She's the only one out of hundreds to like both pics (other than my direct friends).

I don't want to read into it and start hoping for a potential this or that but I also don't know if this is just normal and doesn't mean much for hot chicks to do this... her status on Facebook is single, she has lots of friends/public pics (doubt she's fake), but she is halfway across the world so I'm not sure what she'd be really thinking then if there is a potential for something more...

Edited by e4u

Well, it doesn't necessarily mean anything and it's not uncommon, but it can be interpreted as subtle flirting and you can use that as a window to start up a conversation if you wanted to. But then again, like you said, if she's half way across the world, is there any point really? Maybe just to flex your online flirting muscles? Anyway, you have nothing to lose.

dads new boyfriend

OP it's common knowledge that if a girl likes your pic it means that she likes you and wants to have your babies. The only logical thing to do now would be to travel to her home town and surprise her, she will find it so romantic and fall into your arms.

• Like 4

There are two situations that I could see this coming from.

1. She's the type that tries to have as many FB friends as possible, and 99% of her friends on FB are people she never has or will see.

*Tone of voice changes to a high-pitched mall rat*

"But I'm so popular with 1,000 friends!"

2. There are scam-artists that work through FB. You might get a message from her soon asking for info or a place to move into and live in the USA because:

*Voice change again*

"I've been following you on FB for awhile now, and I'm in love with you!"

it most likely means that she just liked the post, and then liked your pic. That's about as far as it goes.

Look for a woman close to you, in person. :love:

Michelle ma Belle

It means absolutely nothing.

Being that you're new to FB, take it from those of us who've been around a while, DO NOT put any stock into social media. Meaning? Don't believe everything you read or see or experience when it comes to anything to do with online and social media pages. Take it all with a grain of salt. There are countless questionable characters out there with shady agendas including that cute girl in a bikini a thousand miles away with your name tattooed on her butt :p

Save yourself from potential heartbreak and more importantly, embarrassment. If you're not a believer, just check out the show Catfish on MTV. That should sober you up pretty quickly.

Enjoy your time online but always, ALWAYS tread carefully.

Good luck.

• Author

I agree with everything everyone said...unfortunately before I read your replies I had started up a small chat with her, nothing serious, just one message from me and a few back in response from her. The next morning she requested to add me as a friend, I accepted, and she liked a bunch of my photos thereafter...

Again, I know it doesn't mean much and now I actually regret adding her as a friend after reading everything you said...I think I'll probably de-friend her now.

The only reason I even started this thread is because my older brother met his current wife of 7 years exactly in the same manner...she started to do the same things this chick did on FB to his profile, he ignored her at first but then they started casually chatting, then met in person, and a year or so later married and have never looked back and yes she was half-way across the world.

And no...neither this chick nor my brother's wife was from a desperate part of the world...his wife was from Western Europe with a very good career she abandoned for him to come live with him...this chick is from England...and seems to have a stable job...etc...

Edited by e4u

Maybe it's a good thing you didn't read the replies before. Like I said, it doesn't have to mean anything, but it's a WINDOW, for you to start a conversation, if you like. Just messaging someone you've never had any interaction with just because they have a cute profile pic is quite creepy and will probably get ignored by her, but if she's already made the first step, then you can take it from there. I for instance never like the profile pic of someone I don't know or not in my friends list, but maybe I would, if I was interested in starting a conversation..

I met my husband via Facebook, so there you have it.

Turns out we grew up about a mile apart, but never met because my dad wouldn't let me play on the south side of the tracks. We could have thirty+ years and many grand babies under our belts by now. Parents. :mad: