I'm a little curious about this one...

backandforth

So there's this girl that I have a little crush on. She is in her late twenties (I'm in my mid thirties). We have common friends (close friends) but we have not spent a great deal of time together ourselves. I added her on Facebook, quick response to accept. I've sent her a few messages. She's always quick to respond and we'll usually exchange 3-4 messages at a time which are always friendly. This has happened 3-4 times. The problem is she's not reciprocal in her responses. It's always me asking questions about her and initiating conversation in general.

My question is: Am I wasting my time? Is she not interested or is it like some kind of test, like she wants me to chase a bit more? I'd definitely like to at least go for a drink but the time to ask is definitely not here yet.

I'm particularly wanting answers from the ladies in the room on this. It's no great loss to me if it's a "no" from her end, but don't want to waste my time either. Thanks in advance!

• Author
First, she could be thinking the same.Second, messages don't make a relationship. You need to be one on one to really know.

I don't think she's thinking the same. I think that if she was interested she would have initiated some kind of conversation, or at least asked me a couple of questions rather than just answering mine, even though she's been friendly.

I'd like to ask her out but dunno, have a feeling it might be too far out of left field, like I've still gotta put in some groundwork. I just don't wanna waste my time if she's not into it

Just give a lame excuse to meet. "Hey I've never been to XXX and want to check it out. Would you like to check it out with me?"

You can't tell anything through electronic communication & even less by trying to determine interest based on the length of time for a response.

I think there is enough there for you to ask her on a date so go for it

Just because she doesn't have a "little crush" on you, doesn't mean she won't fall for you later if you go out a couple of times. You're the one with the crush, so you can't expect the other person to match it without you leading her there. Ask her out.