How Much More Difficult Am I Making Dating For Myself By Living in Suburbs vs City?

CosmicGate8

Is dating way easier for guys in their mid 20s living in the city vs burbs? I live in a very nice, very wealthy area where people are pretty friendly. I have a house and a good job about 10 minutes away and all my friends are family are within 15 minutes so moving is very difficult. Still, I can't help but wonder how much easier dating would be if I lived in the city - I live in a city of about 120K population but it's still mainly older people and families (although I do run into plenty of younger people when I go out/go to the gym/go to the clothing stores). It's worth noting that even though I've never had a girlfriend, I've never had a problem making friends my age.

Any thoughts on this? I've thought about driving to the city to meet women but I severely wonder if women down there would even be open to dating a guy from the burbs. They may think I live a boring lifestyle in comparison to them.

Dude, wherever you go there you are. Suburbs or city isn't the reason you're dating life is not happening. Dating depends on your social network not your zip code.

Sounds like you have a solid social network. Put out a dating SOS to your bros and see if they can fix you up with single women. Or resort to online dating since nobody dates the old fashioned way anymore.

Can't speak for Chicago, but in NYC, I've come across some online dating profiles that require men to live in Manhattan. Which is only one borough of NYC. Granted it's what everyone thinks of when they think NYC. Then again most people that live in Manhattan don't drive. So I can understand why they wouldn't date a guy that lived in an inconvenient area that's hard to get to via public transportation.

• Like 1
  • Author
Put out a dating SOS to your bros and see if they can fix you up with single women.

Tried that to no avail

the few women I've met through friends did not like me

Or resort to online dating since nobody dates the old fashioned way anymore.

I keep telling myself that I want to try online dating but I'm pretty hesitant. I keep hearing soooooooooooo many horror stories, even from men who are good looking/have no problems dating in real life who tell me online dating is impossible in difficulty level for men.