when you realize you were someone's rebound for year... hurts:...

walkingonair

I dated a guy for a year and he still wasn't over his ex. I feel so lead on and hurt. If you know you still have feelings for an ex dont start pretending like you're in a relationship. Its hurtful dating someone who has another woman on his mind, makes you feel like garbage ? How can I stop worrying about this? I can't stop thinking about how used I was and how I'm obviously not good enough???

I was actually getting over a fiance for a few years, but I didn't date anyone during that time.

You're not garbage, and I'm willing to bet you're better than him. This is because you are the type to put an effort in a relationship. It's a shame he wasn't, but it's better you found out now instead of latter. Keep your bar high with men, and make sure any you stay around only make you smile. This one no longer does, and I bet there'll be one that makes you smile far more. Just take your time and see what's out there when you can accept that last one wasn't the man you thought he was. He was a boy.

• Like 1

I'm not defending this guy, But sometimes you thing you are over the EX or you feel you need to be with someone else to get over them...Fair? maybe not but life is just a roll of the dice. That being said I feel for you and wish you only the best.

• Like 1
FeelingFireworks

Sorry. But Be honest with yourself now...

Was he fresh out of a relationship when you met?

Did he mention his ex often?

Was he emotionally consistent through the year and showing true investment?

These are just some important questions you need to be honest about.

With rebounds, red flags are generally always there. You may have chosen to ignore them because you liked him.

Asking him if he's over his ex is not always a reliable question to ask people on the rebound. Some people simply want to be over an ex and trick themselves into thinking they are. It's not a malicious action, and he prob didn't deliberately lead you on. it's a way to deal with grief. They need time to heal. So you need to watch their actions very carefully. SPeaking from experience in dealing with this.

A year is a long time to then hear this though, so I do wonder what really happened during that time? And if it's really such a revelation?

Edited by FeelingFireworks
  • Like 2
  • Author

Thank you so much for your answers guys. He did mention his ex a lot but at the same time initiated everything with me so he lead me on. It is my fault too though. I'm a complete moron for continuing see him when there were red flags right in front of me???????? I feel like complete trash. Like I was used for the time then dispossed of. Ughhhhh:(((((