He's stopped contacting me, have I done something wrong?

Louise2817

I met a really great guy about 6 weeks ago, we met through mutual friends and have met up four times since. He does have a really busy job and the past two weekends he's been working away.

The times we met we got on so well, I know it's early days but I really felt like we connected.Although we havent seen each other that much, we were messaging on Facebook daily, often having long conversations and he would often initiate, would send me random photos and discuss films and other stuff we have in common. Then I suggested we meet up again, but he said he was working the weekend (last week) and said work was really tiring. He also said he's been offered a job in London, which is a long way away. He texted some more but not as much. Then 3 days passed which was unusual so I messaged him a casual how are you, he said he was stressed preparing for working away, I just said hope he's ok.That was 4 days ago. I know he's home from the trip just tonight, and he's at work again tomorrow. He lives in another city to me. I'm just feeling worried because he's not been in touch, I can see he's always on Facebook too.

It just seems unusual for him to have stopped contact so much and I feel like I Darent message him in case I annoy him. Our mutual friends say he's not a player or anything, and he did seem a lovely genuine guy. I feel pretty upset about it tbh. Should I contact him again, or does it seem like he's ending it?

Thanks in advance I'd appreciate advice

Lets be realistic here.....#1 he has a very busy career, #2 he travels for his job, #3 he has a job offer that is further away, so why invest in someone that will have very limited time to date you?

I have a feeling he realizes this and trying to continue seeing you will take too much energy that he doesn't have.

When a guy doesn't contact you that's because he doesn't want to. So it's up to you whether you want to send him a text.

• Like 2
  • Author

I know. I thought that myself tbh. Guess I'm the sort of person who always thinks things can work if they're meant to. But maybe it's not. I just thought it'd be nice and even respectful not to totally cut things off without a word. Could have still been a friend. Oh well ?

Please don't assume it's because you've done anything wrong. It's probably bad timing. It could be a blessing in disguise if you live far apart as well - that's obviously a difficulty in a relationship.

• Author

If he moved to London, I guess that would be too far. But as it is I guess it's doable, it didn't seem to put him off before. I got the feeling he liked talking to me every day, but obviously he's changed his mind. I miss chatting to him, but I don't want to message him and be a nuisance :(