Guys on here that are not white but have dated cute white girls, this happen to you?

Ian Fleming

Cute meaning physically appealing or good looking, sorry for the shallowness but it is relevant to my question at hand.

I have exclusively dated white girls my entire life and I am of Indian descent but I noticed that when I date a cute white girl compared to my white friends, other guys of minority groups come on to her more aggressively than when she is with a white guy. Now to be more objective, in my area I don't usually see white women going for non-black minorities unless she is well overweight or just not attractive. It is rare to see a physically attractive white girl with a guy who is latino, asian, indian, or anything along those lines.

Like I would be out at a place with my girlfriend and some random guy (usually a latino, sometimes black, Asian, or a darker white guy like an Italian) would try to start a conversation with us. Nothing really wrong with that other than the fact that it is irritating but the same guy will try and make moves on my girlfriend when I am not around.

My girlfriend fits the mold of the good looking girl with All American type of looks, a hot blonde with a nice body, not the kind of girl that would usually go for a guy of a minority group. Now I have white friends who date girls like these and they never have this sort of thing happen to them but it happens to me a lot.

A past few months at the gym we go to this one Latino guy came up to us and openly asked us if we were a couple and we said yes, then said that white girls don't usually go for Indian guys and then kept on trying to talk to us. It got to the point where my girlfriend would be on the treadmill and he would get on right next to her to talk as she ignored him, eventually told me that he irritates her. I took care of it and talked to him one on one, the guy tried to act like he was being innocent but I confronted him about it and he eventually backed off.

The thing is, it has happened a few more times to me too but never happens to my white friends.

I wonder what these guys might be thinking, that if my girlfriend is somehow open to going for an Indian guy she will go for them too or what?

Does it happen to you guys too?

OMG....................................wao..............what a terrible post. nothing to do with you but reading it I think you are living in the USA and that racism is a serious in your face reality there?????

I am a white woman and a very fussy one at that........................... but when I read your post I wonder what on earth goes on in the mind of others????

REally?

Having said - all of that - I have caught myself making judgments that I do not find cool...........

But not as extreme as what you describe. To be honest I am often surprised at how men behave among each other regarding women.........

I'm Hispanic. I guess it's different for me because my city's majority race is Hispanic.

When I do go out of town though and talk to white girls, I usually don't see any reactions from people, but maybe it's because I have lighter skin.

You shouldn't care what people think.

Just go after what you want and disregard criticism and you'll slowly notice

that those intruding opinions were silly noise to begin with.

Does it happen to you guys too?

I'm indian too and dated pretty white girls exclusively and I've never had this happen to me. 99% of the guys who hit on my girlfriends were white

• Author
I'm indian too and dated pretty white girls exclusively and I've never had this happen to me. 99% of the guys who hit on my girlfriends were white

They hit on your girl when she is with you?

Btw, cool another Indian guy that does well with girls!

I am eastern European (moved to US when I was 15) and have date almost all white (US) girls and have never had that happen to me. I can't for certain say all my ex's were blonde and fit the typical white American girl you are describing, but I would say they were good looking to me.

That is very strange you keep running into that situation though. Are you a smaller or skinny type of guy? Perhaps they felt confident they had a better chance because of the body size instead of the ethnical background.

Or could simply be because you are Indian and they felt you aren't going to say anything and be quiet by nature. I'm not sure what the stereotypes for your background would be but honestly I would have your girl say something to this men right away.

Perhaps she is being too nice to these guys which in return makes them think they might have a chance.

Whatever the case, try not to dwell too much about it. The more you keep wondering, the more personal you will end up taking..then you might end up flipping on one of these ignorant guys which will make you look like the bad guy.

Been there done that. Don't be that guy because no one will understand you and back you up.

As long as your gf is cutting her conversations short with them, you shouldn't have to worry.

Edited by NoLeafClover
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm Indian and my current girlfriend is an attractive white woman. Men don't tend to hit on her while I'm around, but they do pounce while I'm away. If I go to the bathroom at a bar, I'll return to some guy trying to talk to her. Most of the men were white or Hispanic (which makes sense given the demographics).