Current bf makes my exes seem so insignificant

Leigh 87

I've been dating my boyfriend for two months:love:

Meeting him has prooved to me that all my relationships and dating experiences have been TOTALLY shallow....

....... I either grew to love men who I lacked a spark for (or who lacked the spark for me), and at best there were men I did feel mutually intense chemistry for (it felt AMAZING but the lack of romantic feelings from them stung and eroded my self esteem to make the experience not that enjoyable)

I know that many people don't really go on to feel all that much more, for new partners. What springs to mind is when people describe their exes as " not someone I felt less strongly about or loved LESS than my current, but rather they are both DIFFERENT"

Welps, I pretty much felt nothing for my exes now that I've fallen in love in the all consuming and whole hearted way. I had an extremely strong co dependence on "Andrew" but there wasn't passion or romantic love present. ..... ....

Has anyone else met a partner recently that made them see just how hapless and .... non remarkable their prior connections were to their exes?

If THIS doesn't work out ( touch wood, I have a gut feeling and very strong believe he is " The One), then...and onlyTHEN, will I be able to look back on this guy and say " welps, I felt equally intensely about my ex and my current boyfriend is just different but equal in terms of our mutual chemistry abd compatability ).

I have never on my life felt the intense chemistry with a HIGH degree of compatability (in as much as you know by 2 months, which I agree is nothing in the grand scheme of things )

I am over the moon and just wanted to share a happy story (thus far.. ) for a change.

And I also want to hear if you have either found "The One " who was the most intense type of a love or rather, i you felt equally for all your exes?

• 1 month later...

Hi Leigh,

I am happy for you! I hope you have finally found the kind of love you've been craving for.

All the best! :bunny: Do update us!

I felt jitters and sparks with all of my exes at first.

Its how that lasts that matters.

My grandmother still has flutters for my grandfather. He has been dead 3 years and they were married over 60. But then they both invested heavily into their marriage over the years.

Actions Leigh. Concentrate on actions.

There is no such thing as the "one". There are many who are compatible who will give those fluttery feelings. Pick one that sticks.

While it's great that you are feeling great but I agree, it's just the initial butterflies. It's when you guys start having issues/ challenges , then that will decide how your relationship will develop or will end. All relationships have their ups and down but they either break you up or bond you tighter.

Not trying to damper your good mood :(