Why he won't admit his feelings?

danielle825

I have a huge crush on a guy. We both met last July. In September, we both started hanging out and stuff. He lives in a town few miles away from my city. He's a very shy, kinda insecure guy. Plus he has never had a girlfriend. He even told me that he was very desperate for a girlfriend. He's also a very friendly guy and trustable. The fact is, that we "flirt" a lot. He hardly ever says "Hi" to me on Facebook. We do silly things, we laugh a lot, we hug each other, he lets me to caress him, touching him... But he would never let me kiss him on his lips. I only kissed him in his forehead and cheeks. Few days ago, I had the guts to confess my feelings. Apparently, I was rejected. I mean, he said that we "could only be friends" or something like that. His words made me feel really sad and low. But I think he has feelings for me but he won't admit them. We are going to meet each other next weekend... What should I do now? Should I move on or not?

He doesn't "confess" his feelings for you because he doesn't have them.

Move on before you make an idiot out of yourself...

• Like 2
mystikmind2005

Actually it is a bit of a puzzler this one?

I am wondering why would he tell you he is desperate for a girlfriend?

A guy would not usually say something like that to a girl he would never date because he would be scared of entering her 'target zone'

So, he has allowed himself to enter your target zone and surprise surprise, you targeted him! All perfectly natural up to the point he says no thanks??

Either the guy is a clueless idiot, or really does like you but has issues

• Like 1

Desperation is a stinky Cologne.

Men don't put it on in handfuls around women they want to date unless they are hopeless around women.

• Like 1

Either the guy is a clueless idiot, or really does like you but has issues

He doesn't kiss her on the mouth

He doesn't ask her out

He doesn't interact on Facebook (which is how kids do it these days)

He has said they can only be friends

Please tell me at what point any of this has suggested that he likes her romantically.

All there is is some daft flirting... Who doesn't like attention?!

I go with clueless idiot.

There is NOTHING at all that would suggest he fancies you OP... NOTHING.

Yes he is desperate to date... just not you... it was a hint to get you to hook him up with your girlfriends... Not a very subtle one either...

• Like 3

You lost this battle. What makes a good worrior is understanding in Advance whether he lost or won to better manage the ressources - withdraw early avoiding a potential over investment in a lost cause or on the contrary channel the energy and efforts, if they feel that they are about to win / get the boy / girl.

What if instead of sieging him and using force to make him give in to your advances, you'd use femininity and charm to seduce him? Basically, instead of being all over him trying to steal a kiss - quite off putting for a girl to act that way, btw - you'd be... all destressed and sad... A bit of a danzel in distress...

And if that won't work ... try to get with young men who are actually interested in you and want to kiss you...

Best of luck

• Like 1

I am wondering why would he tell you he is desperate for a girlfriend?

A guy would not usually say something like that to a girl he would never date because he would be scared of entering her 'target zone'

Actually i think a guy would only say something like that if he had no interest at all in the girl.

Who would say they are desperate to a potential partner?

Nowhere do i see any interest from this guy in anything other than a platonic friendship.

• Like 1
  • Author

HEARTFELT thanks for all your answers guys!

I forgot to say that me and him held hands once (not in public) or he would allow me to grab his arm.

He's also very playful, but always nice. Anyway, we are both in our late teens...

One day, we were hugging and he almost fell on top of me. (We nearly got caught)

Btw we are seeing each other this weekend and we have lots of plans to do

Edited by danielle825

He's also very playful, but always nice. Anyway, we are both in our late teens...

One day, we were hugging and he almost fell on top of me. (We nearly got caught)

Being teenagers explains a lot.

Slow down and enjoy the process. This is your first (I assume) but won't be your last crush...

• Like 2