Drinks as friends or something more?

LostOne1

Hi,

So, I met a girl last year online. We met up a few times and eventually nothing happened. So I stopped talking to her. She reached out ot me maybe 6-7 months ago and I decided to give it another chance. We then met up and I brought the topic of dating. I could tell she was into me, but she made it clear she doesn't want to date anyone. She feels dating right now will hold her up, as she wants to do random things like travel, possibly move up north etc.. and a relationship will hold her up or make her feel like she is stuck with someone.

Anyway, we decided to have dinner to catch up last week. So somehow the idea of having a hardcore drinks night came up. I joked about how it would be fun to see the drunk ****faced version of her. So, I said yea let's do it sometime. And, she said how about 2 weeks from now, as we both have that weekend off. So the plan is to drink pretty hard and take a cab home (we live 5 mins apart so sharing a cab doesn't hurt.)

Now my question is should I go with this or cancel? I'm having 2nd doubts, because I do like this girl and want a relationship. But, I don't know what this drinks night means? Is it a chance to see if she feels different after 6 months now. I guess I agreed, because I wanted to see what happens. Maybe she opens up more and things change from there?

It seems like she wants fun, no strings. If you are OK with that, bottoms up. If you think you are going to end up falling for her after your drinking night, perhaps don't go because the minute you try to pin her down, she's gonna bolt.

• Like 1
  • Author
It seems like she wants fun, no strings. If you are OK with that, bottoms up. If you think you are going to end up falling for her after your drinking night, perhaps don't go because the minute you try to pin her down, she's gonna bolt.

Well.. she already is planning a trip next year and wants me to go with her for 2 weeks.

I thought about it. But once again... I do like this girl. I just think she isn't ready to be in a relationship.

So, I'm hesitant on this drinks night. I thought it might be a chance where she might change her mind now after 6 months.

But, I'm not sure.....

Is it a good sign if she always pays for things? She tricked me last time asking if I had to go the washroom. I sadly had to go badly... so I went. I came back and she was at the door.... She said they told her it was on the house. But, I know she paid for dinner and all. Most women never do this for me. It's always expected for me to pay.

She wants a relationship on her terms & right now her most important part of that is she doesn't want to talk about it or put labels around it. Can you be with her without verbally defining what you are doing?

• Author
She wants a relationship on her terms & right now her most important part of that is she doesn't want to talk about it or put labels around it. Can you be with her without verbally defining what you are doing?

I guess that would work?

My worry is that after drinks what if things get a little crazy? In a good or bad way.

Good meaning she opens up more and is more receptive.

Or she just backs off and it becomes silent.

My experience is women who make plans in the future with you when you went even together are blowing smoke up your arse.

They know you want them and they want to make sure you keep paying attention to them.

If a woman and I went nowhere and she hit me up months later I'd straight up ask her what she wants with me.

If I don't like the answer I tell them "no thanks".

Also , she lives 5 mins. Away? Serious?

She isn't into you.

Who paid for dinner?

Who is going to foot the bill for a night drinking?

Tell her you'll grab a bottle or two and walk over.

My opinion?

She ran out of orbiters and knows you want her.

She may sleep with you, but she doesn't sound like a woman who is into you.

• Author
My experience is women who make plans in the future with you when you went even together are blowing smoke up your arse.

They know you want them and they want to make sure you keep paying attention to them.

If a woman and I went nowhere and she hit me up months later I'd straight up ask her what she wants with me.

If I don't like the answer I tell them "no thanks".

Also , she lives 5 mins. Away? Serious?

She isn't into you.

Who paid for dinner?

Who is going to foot the bill for a night drinking?

Tell her you'll grab a bottle or two and walk over.

My opinion?

She ran out of orbiters and knows you want her.

She may sleep with you, but she doesn't sound like a woman who is into you.

Yeah, last time she did that I did ask her. She said she just wanted to say Hi.

She paid for dinner. In fact the last last time I saw her she paid for dinner and the cab ride. Most women I'm out with almost never pay. It's always me paying... so it was nice for a change to have a woman actually care enough to take over the bill.

I'd assume I'd be fitting the bill on drinking night. Or she might buy a few and I buy a few.

She will have sex with you, that's what is for the drink night.

She may only want sex as she said she doesn't want to date anyone.

I guess some sex wouldn't hurt?

• Author
She will have sex with you, that's what is for the drink night.

She may only want sex as she said she doesn't want to date anyone.

I guess some sex wouldn't hurt?

I highly doubt that would happen considering we both live with our families. Unless she plans on asking me to get a hotel.

I'm going to assume she is planning this as 2 friends having drinks together.