I want you guy's/Girl's Thoughts on this

coolhand94

It all started when we were both 12 years of age, we met on a online game (an MMO) and immediately became friends on the game and played with each other for countless hours. About a year after we met the game was shutting down and we wanted to stay in touch with each other, so we exchanged MySpace accounts. We continued to talk on there and shortly after (when we had phones) exchanged numbers. We talked and talked , for about 2 or 3 years, when i came to the realization that i had more feelings for her than i thought i did, when i was with a girl I would think about her all the time. I expressed these feelings to her and she agreed that she had grown attached to me as well. We agreed it was best we stayed friends and eventually became more or less best friends sharing every detail of every day with each other.

We talked about her boyfriend's and my girlfriends things we didn't like and liked and so on, We were there for each other through everything, the break ups, the lies, the cheating, the pain, the loved ones lost, just about every thing you go through in early life.

When we were both 16 years old i expressed to her that i loved her , she neither denied or said she loved me back but we went back to the same routine of us talking every day over text and phone calls. About 8 months after when she thought i was asleep cause we fell asleep on the phone every day she whispered i love you sweet dreams. I was in fact almost asleep but did hear it. I didn't say anything about it at the time so i didn't apply pressure where she didn't want it, but after a few weeks i told her i heard her and we talked about it. She admitted she did and she didn't want to tell me due to the fact that we couldn't physically be together but we both agreed that at the time we couldn't and there was nothing we could do about it. So we continued to be best friends, along with when we were both single being some what intimate on the phone. Intimate in the sense that we said lovely things about each other, eventually making its way to more intimate things that you can imagine.

At the age of 17 we both met for the first time, she was on vacation with family where i lived and i drove 4 hours to see her for the day. We were both awkward and shy but we had legitimate fun with each other, swam, went and got food, saw a movie. Nothing intimate just friends because of the awkwardness, afterwards we both confessed that we wanted more than that and that we wanted to be together . So we didn't date other people for about a year and we talked about moving to each other, dating, etc…. and the plan was who ever could do it would move to the other person when we were out of high school. That was not very long lived becaused before she got out of high school she got a boyfriend and we SOMEWHAT drifted apart in the sense of not talking every waking minute of every day. a year or so went by and they broke up and both of us had already started life, she was in college and i was working in the IT department at a company, and getting certified for different things. We talked she got boyfriends i got girlfriends time continued to go by and one day while she was dating her boyfriend , she messaged me and told me that she always was thinking about me when she was with him and wanted to be with me so at the age of 21 we both stopped dating other people and came up with a game plan ( this is where i'm at now 21)

She has told her family ( which all know me pretty well) and i've told all of my family that i'm moving there within a year , enough time to save money and get my ducks in a row. So this is where the dilemma is , i'm moving there in maximum 8 months from now and she is waiting for me, just doing school and working. All i can think about is being with her and her me , we have met only once but both agree that our love for each other is at critical mass and we can't do without each other. She has told me through all of her boyfriends every time they were *******s or dick she would think “he wouldn't be this way” and when she was with them she couldn't stop thinking about me and I her. so in total we have known each other for the past 9 years and counting and been there for each other through EVERYTHING, I am nervous about it thinking she won't like me or she will get annoyed of me because i'm going all in on this, i am dropping everything for her, and she is doing the same(besides not moving). I am just nervous and am reaching out to ask if you guys/gals think in the end this will work out. Sure i know there's always the possibility of it not, but i want to know if anyone here thinks i'm an idiot like most of my friends do. I love her so much and not a day goes by where i don't think about being with her. This is a really open ended question because there is no real question i just want your thoughts.

My thoughts? I think you should get married, but not have children yet, not for several years. Definitely do not live together without getting married. You already know each other quite well. I think you should treasure what you have, and honor it. If you don't do it right, you ruin a good thing.

• Author
My thoughts? I think you should get married, but not have children yet, not for several years. Definitely do not live together without getting married. You already know each other quite well. I think you should treasure what you have, and honor it. If you don't do it right, you ruin a good thing.

We are both in agreeance on that anyways, i mean i cant say how often we wont stay together in the same place but we will have our own places. But its just the nervousness of going all in and moving 1,100 miles away that scares me

There is a good chance this could work. You've been friends for a decade.

You have no kids and the place you live will still be there if you want to move back. Just try it.

On the other hand you could lose an amazing friend over this...

I don't think you're an idiot. And if I do, it's the good kind! The fool-in-love kind!

If I were you, I would totally go for it. I would move to another country if I believed my true love was there. But I'm spontaneous like that, and the idea of going out with someone who I have only been talking with for years who lived many miles away is just too romantic of an idea to pass up. That is not to say there's a chance it won't work out... but it will probably be lots of fun trying, and if it works out, would make a hell of a love story.

• Author

thanks for the support guys it really means alot to me. See im just scared my job i have now i shouldnt technically have i just got lucky and got into a company that gave me the chance. I dont know if i will be able to find a job like this over there. Its scary, but like you guys said love is worth it. So im going to stick in through to the end.